9 Hour Burgundy Mushrooms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ozric View Post
    I'm one of the ones who tried your recipe. Absolute KEEPER! if I haven't already done that for this thread!

I made a double batch and used 2 bottles of Pinot Noir. They also keep very well refrigerated. I had one bad container of mushrooms, so I was 8 oz. short, but that left me with some liquid that I've been using for flavoring and deglazing. Total awesomeness.
    Glad ya liked them!! about time for my next batch!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Brian, Brian, Brian!
      Thank you for that recipe, these mushrooms are truly amazing. I followed your recipe exactly except I used the slow cooker as asked by a few here. I got everything going in a pot on the stove and once it started to boil moved it to the slow cooker to simmer covered for six hours. Since I was using the slow cooker I started later in the day when I had time because I knew I could take this late into the night unattended. So, six hours put me at about midnight and the house smelled ohhhhhh soooooo gooooooood! Then I uncovered them, set the alarm for 3am and went to bed. When the alarm went off the first thing I noticed was the smell in the house, the next thing I noticed was how I was starting to drool, haha! The smell was amazing, so of course I tried one when I went down to shut them off. Ok, I tried a couple ..... alright already, so it was a bunch of them, sheesh, cut a guy a break will ya! What can I say other than for sure these will be a regular addition to our diets from now on. Nice job, very nice job, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Made these this weekend and are very good! U love them cold. I came across a similar recipe that uses ranch dressing mix. Gonna have to try them next.
        sigpic

Comment

OK..I'm trying to cheat. Poor planning on my part.

Have some sliced dehy buttons... reconstituting them in burgundy, etc... Got a steak in the water bath for tonight. See if I can't get something worth while in 4-5 hours here... Gotta remember to make a batch seeing as they freeze well.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by frog1369 View Post
            Brian, Brian, Brian!
            Thank you for that recipe, these mushrooms are truly amazing. I followed your recipe exactly except I used the slow cooker as asked by a few here. I got everything going in a pot on the stove and once it started to boil moved it to the slow cooker to simmer covered for six hours. Since I was using the slow cooker I started later in the day when I had time because I knew I could take this late into the night unattended. So, six hours put me at about midnight and the house smelled ohhhhhh soooooo gooooooood! Then I uncovered them, set the alarm for 3am and went to bed. When the alarm went off the first thing I noticed was the smell in the house, the next thing I noticed was how I was starting to drool, haha! The smell was amazing, so of course I tried one when I went down to shut them off. Ok, I tried a couple ..... alright already, so it was a bunch of them, sheesh, cut a guy a break will ya! What can I say other than for sure these will be a regular addition to our diets from now on. Nice job, very nice job, thanks for sharing!
            Glad ya like them!!

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            OK..I'm trying to cheat. Poor planning on my part.

Have some sliced dehy buttons... reconstituting them in burgundy, etc... Got a steak in the water bath for tonight. See if I can't get something worth while in 4-5 hours here... Gotta remember to make a batch seeing as they freeze well.
            Should be interesting for sure, i would think you would have to add a bit more water or burgundy....
            Brian

Yoder YS640
            Weber Genesis
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber Performer
            Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post

Should be interesting for sure, i would think you would have to add a bit more water or burgundy....
              As they stand... perhaps. They are cooking nicely and smell wonderful... but a bit tough. Still liquid left tho...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

bump for a friend...
                Brian

Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber Performer
                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
                  bump for a friend...
                  Thanks... if ya meant me Doing these and sous vide beef filet for NYE dinner I believe. With a lobstah tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    Thanks... if ya meant me Doing these and sous vide beef filet for NYE dinner I believe. With a lobstah tail.
                    Sure!! I think I will drive up to your house for a meal like that!!
                    Brian

Yoder YS640
                    Weber Genesis
                    Weber 18.5" Kettle
                    Weber Performer
                    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

bump for Laz
                      Brian

Yoder YS640
                      Weber Genesis
                      Weber 18.5" Kettle
                      Weber Performer
                      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Somebody just told me he has been hiding this from me for 2 years. Guess I'll just have to make 10 pounds.

Comment

'13, '14, and now '15..........and i still have not tried it........maybe in '16!
                          sigpic
                          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                            '13, '14, and now '15..........and i still have not tried it........maybe in '16!
                            Yup, X2. Gonna do it.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

has anyone ever tried this recipe using baby bella shrooms?

The store has them both on sale at the same price. Not too cheap but discounted anyways.

I made this recipe a few weeks ago and used a Malbec wine with white button shrooms. I like Malbec with steak but I think it may have imparted a stronger flavor on the shrooms. They were still good though and I froze them in steak sized packages and finished them off this weekend.

I had to research burgundy wine to figure out pinot noir from france was burgundy wine. So I've bought some American pinot noir to try. That is a flavor I have not sampled yet.

See any reasons not to try baby bellas?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sam74 View Post
                                has anyone ever tried this recipe using baby bella shrooms?

The store has them both on sale at the same price. Not too cheap but discounted anyways.

I made this recipe a few weeks ago and used a Malbec wine with white button shrooms. I like Malbec with steak but I think it may have imparted a stronger flavor on the shrooms. They were still good though and I froze them in steak sized packages and finished them off this weekend.

I had to research burgundy wine to figure out pinot noir from france was burgundy wine. So I've bought some American pinot noir to try. That is a flavor I have not sampled yet.

See any reasons not to try baby bellas?

thanks
                                You just go right ahead and use with confidence!! I have used them many times!! Now for your choice of wine... you are way more thorough than I... find a good red wine and run with it... nothing more than $6.99 for me... just saying... use real butter, that is the key, I have found!!
                                Brian

Yoder YS640
                                Weber Genesis
                                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                                Weber Performer
                                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X