Trout Fillets (Short & Sweet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGGLOPEZ View Post
    We have a 6 fish limit and usually have 3 boats out at a time, With 2 in each boat so it's a good time with family and friends. We kinda cheat by going out more than once a day but there are so many fish that I don't think we even make a very big dent. I share our fish with co workers and we have a fish fry and invite the neighbors to enjoy as well. The last dish we made was stuffed grape leaves and trout on the grill in foil with garlic, butter, lemon pepper and onions.

Yup all rainbows, every now and again we will get a cut throat or native Apache, even a German Brown now and again. My oldest son caught one a couple years ago that measured 23" and looked like a football, not sure what it weighed but sure was fun watching him land it.

MMMmmmm----Nice plate there BigG!!!

I think the biggest Trout I ever caught was 22" (Palomino).

A few years ago my Son caught a 31" Brown (Buck), and a 29" Brown (Roe) in the same day, with a fly-rod. Boy were they beautiful---I got pics somewhere. We must have taught those kids right!!!

Bear
    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
      MMMmmmm----Nice plate there BigG!!!

I think the biggest Trout I ever caught was 22" (Palomino).

A few years ago my Son caught a 31" Brown (Buck), and a 29" Brown (Roe) in the same day, with a fly-rod. Boy were they beautiful---I got pics somewhere. We must have taught those kids right!!!

Bear
      Funny you should say that, as my son works with me at a mail order pharmacy and was just rewarded for for his hard work and honesty. Those must have been some beautiful fish, congrats.
      God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
      Weber Performer Gold
      Masterbuilt 26" twins
      Big Chief Electric smoker
      Brinkmann barrel smoker
      LEM sausage stuffer
      Cabela's pro HD grinder
      Maverick ET-732
      ThermoWorks Thermapen
      GrillGrates

Comment

Working...
      X