No announcement yet.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Saltine Toffee AKA Christmas Crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um,my sugar just shot up a 100 points...
    sigpicTommy

Comment

Looks damn tasty as it sits. Thinking out loud here, crumbled bacon on top? I mean if somebody didn't eat candy, wouldn't the bacon cause it to be considered a meat item?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by strength_and_power View Post
        Looks damn tasty as it sits. Thinking out loud here, crumbled bacon on top? I mean if somebody didn't eat candy, wouldn't the bacon cause it to be considered a meat item?

Yup---Bacon would add the Protein needed for pumping iron too---Maybe some Liver too, or a couple raw eggs??

Bear
        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
          Yup---Bacon would add the Protein needed for pumping iron too---Maybe some Liver too, or a couple raw eggs??

Bear

I will start with the bacon and let you know how it turns out. I'm willing to sacrifice myself for y'all

Comment

Crack Dealin daddy

looks awesome
            sigpic

Comment

Well, I made this tonight. Saw some sea salt caramel chips at the store so I used 1/2 bag of those and 1/2 bag of regular chocolate chips. And crumbled bacon. Plan was to give some to coworkers and friends. Thinking they will only get a handshake or hug after taste testing, too good to give out

Comment

Oh man...I know that was good.

On my batch I gave it all away after I had a couple pieces...I know why they call it christmas crack, because I want some more...I may have to make another batch to "give away"!
                BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I made a variation of this tonight. Used honey graham crackers for the base and topped with crushed Oreo cookies. No peanut butter, just the toffee and chocolate and topped with crumbled cookies. Cooling on the rack now.....

Oh, and if you use foil to line your pan, put some parchment paper inside the foil as it makes it easier to release (sometimes the foil sticks to the toffee base).

Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Originally posted by dward51 View Post
                    I made a variation of this tonight. Used honey graham crackers for the base and topped with crushed Oreo cookies. No peanut butter, just the toffee and chocolate and topped with crumbled cookies. Cooling on the rack now.....

Oh, and if you use foil to line your pan, put some parchment paper inside the foil as it makes it easier to release (sometimes the foil sticks to the toffee base).

I used vegetable oil spray on a non-stick pan and had no issues with sticking. Clean up was painless as well. Next time I might use some of the grease from the bacon.
                    I'm digging the Oreos. Let us know how it turns out please.

Comment

Oh God! I want!
                      Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                      Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                      SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                      Yoder Wichita
                      Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                      Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                      Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Dana had PM'ed me and asked how the graham cracker version was. It was awesome and everyone at the office said they liked it better than the regular version with saltines.

I told Dana I would post the recipe I used for the graham crack & Oreo version, so here it is. I put it in another thread so as not to totally hijack this one.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...086#post634086
                        Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Lady at work was talking about saltine toffee Christmas treats...so I piped up You mean Christmas crack? She sheepishly said yeah!

Bump for the holidays. And I gotta also bump dward's grahm cracker version and strength and power's s'mores version. So good and so easy! Gotta get ya some!
                          BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                          Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                          I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I made a quick batch a few weeks ago and it was well received. I know the crew in Mexico would love it but I don’t have an oven. Flying home Sunday and then right back Monday, might have to make time to do a batch. Who needs sleep?

Comment

I am saving this recipe right now! Point!
                              sigpic
                              The Old Fat Guy
                              Author of The Old Fat Guy's Guide to Smoking Meat - For Beginners
                              Star of You Can Make It on ShawTV Kootenays
                              Food Blog: oldfatguy.ca
                              Traeger Timberline 850 & WSM Mini

Comment

Working...
                              X