Jalapeno & Brown Sugar Smoked Salmon Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalapeno & Brown Sugar Smoked Salmon Candy

Thick layer of Kosher Salt over King Salmon pieces....... Rest in fridge for about 1.45 hour...... Rinse off Salt..... Pat Dry...... Put on a light layer of Jalapeno Salt (Bassman ), then apply a thick layer of Brown Sugar & let sit for about 30 minutes..... Smoke @ 160* with Alder or Hickory for 2 hours..... Package in Zip Lock bag with 3x layer of paper towels, which will absorb some moisture.... I personally don't like to eat the salmon when it is warm, like to let it cool & firm up, but wanted a test taste.... Good smoke..... a little heat..... and some Sweet

Moisture "Sucked Out" of Salmon

After rinse..... Brown Sugar.... (How come you taste so good.... )

Last edited by Fishawn; 07-27-2012, 01:58 PM. Reason: Werding wuz bda
    sigpic

thats some slammin lookin salmon man... if ya ever get some more rum.... give that hot smoked deal a shot. i think you be pleasantly surprised... nice job bro!!! heck i will shell out for this one...
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

next time I get some cheap salmon I might give that a try.

Maple glaze this weekend though :-)
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

another item added to the to try list... thats a good lookin' salmom you got there
        Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Good looking candy, Scott! I never thought of using the jalapeno salt for that. Guess what's next on my list.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Here it is the following morning..... Note all the moisture in the bag..... I added 2 more paper towels to the bag & flipped it over to help suck out the moisture...... Smoked Salmon for Breafast.....
            sigpic

Comment

Yowsers! Yeah buddy, you pickin' up on what I am puttin' down? That salmon candy is looking mighty fine brotha email me some!
              Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
              Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Here it is the following morning..... Note all the moisture in the bag..... I added 2 more paper towels to the bag & flipped it over to help suck out the moisture...... Smoked Salmon for Breafast.....
                if you leave the bag open for a while as it cools down, you wont get that condensation inside the bag...
                Charbroil SFB
                GOSM
                MES
                Dutch Ovens and other CI
                Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                  if you leave the bag open for a while as it cools down, you wont get that condensation inside the bag...
                  Yeah, I did...... Then had to head for bed so sealed her up & into the fridge..... I am trying to draw some of the moisture out of the fish into the paper towels.... with the 2 hour smoke, I like to dry em up a little more
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                    thats some slammin lookin salmon man... if ya ever get some more rum.... give that hot smoked deal a shot. i think you be pleasantly surprised... nice job bro!!! heck i will shell out for this one...
                    That Rum Recipe sounds nice E..... Gotta save me some Rum though
                    Last edited by Fishawn; 07-22-2010, 01:07 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sweet....I sure miss fresh salmon....

Comment

Scott,

My better half loves smoked salmon so I frequently smoke some up for her...I'm marking this so I can do some experimenting next time. Love Bassman's Jap salt, and I think this looked great. for some experimenting inspiration.

Don't have access to Alder...Up for a trade?

On Edit...The man says I gots to spread 'em round...I'll hit ya' back!
                        Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 07-22-2010, 07:35 PM.
                        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Scott, you did great on those. Sure looks delicious. Like the idea.

I usually grill it or smoke it longer and dryer. May have to try that for dinner some night.
                          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

Scott

You sure know how to make a 9 pound minnow last a long time J/K LOL nice job on the fish it looks great I bet it tasted as good as it looks great job

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                              Sweet....I sure miss fresh salmon....
                              Me too.

Scott, if you sent me a taste of that, I'd eat it even if it went bad.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X