Razor Clamming, Pacific Beach WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razor Clamming, Pacific Beach WA

Buddy and I got a couple limits of Razor Clams this afternoon. We are now in the bar. Haha.

Ray Charles playing, sounding good. Locals are super friendly, and I was offered some "smoke" on the ootside patio area. Lol. Legal here, but gonna pass, gotta walk back to the hotel!!!

Just checking in folks, have a great weekend y'all [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

I bet those clams are gonna be some great eatin'
    Jim

Comment

I'm 'diggin' it, Mr. Fish... Good times for sure...

This desert rat has managed to work in some clam diggin' a couple of times during my tenure on this rock. Have done some horse-neck clam diggin at Tomales Bay in Ca. (horse-necks make for delicious clam steaks ) & then did some razor clam diggin' while in Alaska at a place known as... Clam Gulch... I dug so many clams that morning my right hand was stuck in the shape of a claw for the next half day or so.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
      Paul

Comment

Well I haven't ever done that so I'll just clam up now
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Nice haul! I love me some razors!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I never had or saw Razor Clams, but I'm betting I'd Love them!! (Steamed)

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Wish I lived a little bit closer to the beach for day trips. Them be good eats.

Comment

Sounds like a great day
                Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber Performer
                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Very nice!

I have never had razor clams. As a kid, we'd dig for cherry stones/quahogs and even find some soft shells. I love cherry stones.

Sounds like a great time!
                  Pete
                  Large BGE
                  Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Unless you enjoy a mouthful of sand...

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                    I never had or saw Razor Clams, but I'm betting I'd Love them!! (Steamed)

Bear
                    I'm no expert bhut, I did stay overnight at Clam Gulch one time... You may want to rethink that, Big Bear.
                    Razors are siphon feeders which means they dig way down in the sand & extend their feeding tube to the surface much the same way as a horse-neck or geoduck would, albeit razors are much smaller.
                    The siphon needs to be skinned & cleaned of sand & then generally pounded oot, breaded & fried.
                    Here is a HOW TO...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                      I'm no expert bhut, I did stay overnight at Clam Gulch one time... You may want to rethink that, Big Bear.
                      Razors are siphon feeders which means they dig way down in the sand & extend their feeding tube to the surface much the same way as a horse-neck or geoduck would, albeit razors are much smaller.
                      The siphon needs to be skinned & cleaned of sand & then generally pounded oot, breaded & fried.
                      Here is a HOW TO...

Thank You Ice!! Interesting! Good stuff to know!!

My Main meaning was I don't eat Raw Clams, or Raw Oysters, or Raw Fish!!

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Razor clams = FRied. Best way to have them. Pacific NW still has some awesome clam digging, not to mention all of the other mollusks like mussels and oysters.
                        When i was a kid my dad would take me, my brother and a couple of his grad students and we'd go out to the mudflats at low tide and we'd all get our 30 limit of Geoducks. Then a quick stop on the way home for some other goodies on the bay front in Newport. Seriously buying fish and crab right off the boats. Then dad wold take us home and make a giant Ciappino. Can still buy fish of the boats but alas the flats have been condo-cized. Some of the best times I can remember. Pacific NORTH coast is a strange and beautiful animal and the seafood that comes out of it is awesome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Coast

http://www.razorclamming.com/seafood...ing_bay_clams/
                        Last edited by gmotoman; 03-12-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                          I'm no expert bhut, then generally pounded :
                          Where's the cast fry pan full of buttered love, FISH? Old Bay?

Comment

Nice Haul Sanddigginclampoundindrugtestpassing cat daddy!
                            BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                            Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                            I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Razor Clamming, Pacific Beach WA

Baked these at 500* for 12 minutes, after the flower, egg, panko/progresso garlic-herb treatment. Drizzled with melted butter before baking. Super tender and delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X