Leaving an electric unattended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving an electric unattended

My charcoal smoker rusted out so I replaced it with an electric (for the convenience). Does anybody leave your electric unattended for and extended about of time? Would be nice if it could do its work while I'm at work.

It's really not recommended to leave any smoker unattended for an extended amount of time. That being said I totally leave mine....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't sit over it, but I do not leave the house! Now my pellet smoker that sits outside I do. No go to work with it on..... Naaaaaaa!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Bearcarver. He is your man. Find him in the contact list. He's is the resident expert in my opinion and I don't even own one of those cookers. I only burn sticks...
        sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
          Bearcarver. He is your man. Find him in the contact list. He's is the resident expert in my opinion and I don't even own one of those cookers. I only burn sticks...
          Yup!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

I leave mine for months.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              I leave mine for months.
              Not your vibrator...opps.
              Mark
              sigpic

Comment

Only to watch Netflix, I'm still a sniff away!

Comment

I don't leave my dryer running when I leave the house either. Lint, electric heat strips....

Just saying.
                  Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

I have had beef ribs catch on fire in a MES. Just a heads up, I wouldn't. Just me though.
                    sigpic

Comment

i'd rather leave my offset before a watt burner...........
                      sigpic
                      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Nope. I don't leave my smokers unattended ever. I don't have a watt burner, butt I would not leave for the day and come home to a possible mess.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                          I don't sit over it, but I do not leave the house! Now my pellet smoker that sits outside I do. No go to work with it on..... Naaaaaaa!
                          You don't go to work anymore - just saying :-)

The guys who do leave their electrics tend to have every gadget on gods earth.
                          So the meat temps are monitored, the oven temps are monitored and controlled, one of the gadgets emails them when the meat's done, another allows them to adjust the settings, turn it up down or off - and it wouldn't surprise me if someone round here has got a webcam somewhere so they can even see it cooking.

Obviously if your home internet goes down, you're stuffed.
                          But plenty of the techno 'qers around the forum.
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                            I have had beef ribs catch on fire in a MES. Just a heads up, I wouldn't. Just me though.

That's impressive. What's the full story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I'm old school about this, but I don't think any smoker, elec or otherwise should be left unattended. You never really know what may happen to cause damage to the smoker, your house, patio, or who knows.

My view.......

If you don't have time to do it properly and watch and take care of the cook.
                              Don't do the cook til you do have the time to do it right.
                              I think people are relying too much on electric gadgets to watch and do the cook for them. Then they ask why it didn't come out the way they expected. Answer, maybe if you had been there and paying attention to your cook, you could have done something to change the final outcome of the cook.

Sorry for the rant.
                              Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X