Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of Black Cat BBQ Competing at the Jack Daniels Invitational...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALX View Post
    I appreciate that...Most folk dont have a clue who you are on forum(gotta work on that)...But that is mighty nice of you...I will make sure sister and BIL see that.....Thank you...
    well ya coulda drove up here & had someone cook for you for a day but i guess I-40 was closer...

still purty this time of year....
    brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
    18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
    cast iron Hibachi
    22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
    & rotisserator
    12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
    stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
    Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
    http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
    my music recordings-
    http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Thanks for sharing those great pics with us. What a great time you must have had. One day I want to attend this comp for sure
      Scarbelly

Comment

Great pics Bud. Sure looks like ya had a lot of fun. Congrats to ya...
        ---------------------------------------------------
        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Sweet story and pics. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the opportunity!
          Char-broil silver (with mods)
          38" Smoke Hollow LP
          ECB
          Drum

Comment

Awsome pics...
            sigpic

Char-Griller Outlaw w-SFB & (mods)
            30" Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse

Comment

Great pics. Thanks for sharing and giving us a glimpse into the Jack.

Dave
              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
              UDS 1.0
              Afterburner
              Weber Performer
              Blue Thermapen
              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
              Auber Smoker Controller
              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
              -
              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Right on Alex! Congrats to you, your sister and BIL!! The event looks like loads of fun. Thank you for taking us there
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post

This one right here sez it all... Look at those smiling faces!!! Awesome job Black Cat BBQ!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Congratulations on earning the invite! Great pics, looks like tooo much fun. You sure that much fun is legal? I gotta get there one day.
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Congratulations, Alx! Great job and loved the pictures!! Thanks for sharing!
                      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

Nice one

Pretty good placing too - all things considered

Love the parade pic too :-)
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

First off, congrats. Secondly, MAN that looks like it would be a blast. I am going to have to at least attend one of these big time events, and maybe someday compete.

Thanks for sharing the pics and the stories.
                          “Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
                          Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed.”
                          - G. K. Chesterton

Char Griller 7474(w/SFB), UDS, WSJ Mini-drum conversion, MES 30

Comment

Alex, thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am still in awe of the Black Cat BBQ, you so deserved to get the invite. Thanks for the pix of sis and BIL, faces to go with the stories. She is adorable! The glimse into the Jack is just priceless for me.. I hope that the Two Irish Fools can get an invite one day. I am so proud of you guys! Congrats again, big hug to sis! Fantastic job, you will be there again soon I am sure of it!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Wow, all those folks in a town of 321. (I grew up in a town of 300)
                              Glen
                              Large Vertical & 3 UDS (Illini drum by Bubba before he went big-time)
                              KCBS CBJ
                              Blue Thermopen
                              Profile:
                              http://www.coltecconsulting.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                                Great shots Alex and congrats.

First thing I wanna know is why did ya have pump out the crapper after only 720 miles LOL

I see your name is Alex D'Foil

And did you get a chance to meet Troy from Extreme roasters? Hell of a nice Guy. He is a tough one to beat as we compete against him in every comp I have attended in MI but it's a blast to try.
                                Troy was a blast.....I posted in thread some experiences with him....I went over friday to talk him up and he knew all the captain n smoke and was impressed.....His porta-pot had just showed up....He said he had to piss like a race horse and i dont think he could fit threw RV door and up stairs,but i would have offered...

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
                                VERY COOL. i overslept & had yesterday planned...we coulda yakked, 1/2 my family is from Alaska(Grammy grew up in skagway,mom born in Juneau..long story)we shoulda made it down.
                                We will hook up....I thought for some reason you were vending and kept looking around when had chance...

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                                Alex, thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am still in awe of the Black Cat BBQ, you so deserved to get the invite. Thanks for the pix of sis and BIL, faces to go with the stories. She is adorable! The glimse into the Jack is just priceless for me.. I hope that the Two Irish Fools can get an invite one day. I am so proud of you guys! Congrats again, big hug to sis! Fantastic job, you will be there again soon I am sure of it!
                                Thanks Kelly....It was great for the family on many levels....We will be catering and vending more this year,but probably do 6-8 comps....12 comps in 8 states was cool....Who knows though...5 months off gets the batteries recharged etc...as far as comps go....

Originally posted by flyin' illini View Post
                                Thanks for sharing. Wow, all those folks in a town of 321. (I grew up in a town of 300)
                                Yeah....They say town gets near 35,000.....Great people and opportunity for them to make some serious dinero....Probably 1000 of the nicest Harleys i have seen in awhile too...Some seriously nice jack daniels leather etc..for sale....

Thanks everyone for nice comments....It was a incredible time....

Comment

Working...
                                X