Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The First Annual Smoked-Meat.com Forum Omaha Invitational Warmup Event!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At our house we find the best way to get things cleaned/organized, is to have some kind of get together. It is the motivation needed to make the time to do those things that keep getting put off, ie..clean the garage, etc.

Damn, wish it would work out for me to come up. Sounds like it will be a blast. Any reason to get together, cook, eat and drink.
    Orchard Hill BBQ

Twin Chamber Rotisserie Trailer
    Modified Chargriller RF
    250 Gallon Homegrown Cooker

I THINK HIS SHIRT SAYS IT ALL

Comment

As far as I know at this point the weekend after should work. I will find out for sure and let you know.
      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

so... May 13th/14th?
        Current babies:
        -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
        -RichTee's Lang :)
        Former Lineup:
        -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
        -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
        -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
        -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
        BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Sounds good.
          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

So... we need to set some rules... I'm thinking "free for all" and "smoke em if ya got em" for this year... we can have a little discussion of the KCBS rules, and work from there for futere get-togethers. I'm thinking that with this being a first-time thing for all of us, things like prep-work and what-not should be able to be taken care of ahead of time. That way, we can plan on having some fun and getting to know each other (I know that saounds kinda weird), rather thanworrying about thelittle details.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? We have me and wutang right now... I've been trying to get a hold of grateful dave and weekend warrior for a while to no avail. I also have one "maybe" from a guy at work... he just needs to make sure he is free that weekend.

Later,
            Andy
            Current babies:
            Former Lineup:
            -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)

Comment

I was thinking the same thing as far as prep work done ahead of time. And keeping the "rules" pretty casual.

Are you planning on cooking all 4 comp meats? Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket? I would like to do all 4 but it will be a tight squeeze in my UDS. I was thinking of doing 2 or 3 and that would leave a little room for some munchies. ABT's or a couple fatties.
              KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

In the freezer right now, I've got a packer, 10 lbs of featherbones, and a butt. I can always go grab some more meat I suppose. I've got more than enoughroom to do whatever... the fridge for the butt and ribs, the insulated uds for the brisket, I can toss the chicken into the bottom of the fridge smoker, and we can do fatties and/or abts, meatballs, etc on the santa fe... I suppose I shouls stock up on some charcoal too... hmmmmmm
                Current babies:
                Former Lineup:

Comment

I will see what I can do about getting some time off for this. Would love to meet you guys and cook/eat some Q with ya. Thinking I might try to get Saturday off and then Sunday so I don't have to get back to work right after. Back on day hours now so I could still come by Friday eve to get my shit set up. If I can make this work, I'll bring the Berkshire!

Will let you all know.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
                    In the freezer right now, I've got a packer, 10 lbs of featherbones, and a butt. I can always go grab some more meat I suppose. I've got more than enoughroom to do whatever... the fridge for the butt and ribs, the insulated uds for the brisket, I can toss the chicken into the bottom of the fridge smoker, and we can do fatties and/or abts, meatballs, etc on the santa fe... I suppose I shouls stock up on some charcoal too... hmmmmmm
                    I was thinking of doing chicken, a butt, and a couple slabs of spares. That would leave me room for maybe a couple fatties from homemade sausage or some abts or chicken wings to snack on.

Originally posted by GratefulDave View Post
                    Will let you all know.

Dave
                    Hope you can make it out.
                    KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

wow, i was thinking of dropping in but its freakin 23 hours one way...

good luck, i hope a good time is had by all
                      Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

That'll work Wu. Like we kinda figured on... just do whatever. I'm planning on doing a brisket Friday night and into Saturday morning/afternoon. You guys are more than welcome to hang out and help me drink some beer. I'll probably have some burgers/brats/dogs/ABT's/meatballs too for something to snack on that night... only time will tell I guess.

Later,
                        Andy
                        Current babies:
                        Former Lineup:

Comment

just got word from Weekend Warrior that he isn't going to make it, and the guy from work isn't going to show up either. Grateful Dave, it's up to you man! I have another guy and his woman coming from work, but it'll just be to hang out. Wu, feel free to invite some buddies/family if you so desire. the more, the merrier. I'll have some beer, but they might want to bring a bit more, just in case...

what did you want to do for sides? Of course, there will be beans, and my wife is going to get some macaroni and/or potato salad... what else? ABT's, meatballs, fatties... we need more food!
                          Current babies:
                          Former Lineup:

Comment

Q

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
                            just got word from Weekend Warrior that he isn't going to make it, and the guy from work isn't going to show up either. Grateful Dave, it's up to you man! I have another guy and his woman coming from work, but it'll just be to hang out. Wu, feel free to invite some buddies/family if you so desire. the more, the merrier. I'll have some beer, but they might want to bring a bit more, just in case...

what did you want to do for sides? Of course, there will be beans, and my wife is going to get some macaroni and/or potato salad... what else? ABT's, meatballs, fatties... we need more food!
                            My brother in law that wants to be in on the BBQ comp team was excited about this but has a Boy Scout camping thing with his son that night. So he can't make it. I was thinking about making beans but you got that covered. I will bring the stuff to make a smokey beans & rice side with homemade sausage in it. Good stuff.

Oh, and I will bring some extra beer, no problem there.
                            KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

Bump. It is coming up this weekend.
                              KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

Might need some more bud light... I'm down to my last 12 pack after tonight.... no guarantees that it is going to last until Friday. Lol
                                Current babies:
                                Former Lineup:

Comment

Working...
                                X