Smoked BBQ Leg Quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked BBQ Leg Quarters

Smoked up a couple of chicken leg quarters tonight for myself after working all day in the field. No brine, leg quarters don't really need it anyhow. For rubs I used my own garlic base, plus Montan Steak Rub, plus Old Southern so I would have some stuff with cayenne pepper. Used RO/BC lump and cherry chunks brought the smoker up to 300 and the legs went in. When they hit 170 I gave them a splash of my own bbq sauce, let them sit in there for about 10 minutes and hit them again. After that sauce sat in the smoke for about 5 minutes, out they came, the photo's are below. They were juicy, almost falling off the bone tender, just a hint of cayenne. Sided them off with french fries and toast. The grey blob is a piece of the rub that turned black and the flash washed out to grey, that was weird.

sigpic

Looks good to me.
    Dawn

New Braunfels Bandera "Grail"
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
    1 Maverick ET-73
    1 Green Thermapen

member #38

Comment

Excellent looking bird legs. Yummy.
      sigpic

Comment

nothing wrong with those sir... except that their in KS... lol

sigpic

Comment

Now, now Kansas is the heartland. Me and my ag friends farms feed 153 people per farm, highest in the country. Not that we have the highest per capita of angus here, but there is about a 60% chance that the next brisket you smoke was raised in Kansas on some of the worlds most fertile and nutrient rich grasses and corn.

Pigs and chicken we are far down the list on processing them thankfully. Nasty animals along with sheep. But, here at this place we have some yard bird for personal consumption.

JB, I don't remember where your from, where are you from. My next favorite state than Kansas is Texas of course. You know the commercial "Texas, its like a whole other country". No imagination there.

This sign needs updated;

sigpic

Comment

I noticed there were only two servings there... I guess that's why the rest of us never got an invitation.

Looks great!!!!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks great!

sigpic

Comment

Sorry everybody, for me that wasn't even a full serving. I usually eat 4 leg quarters at a time. But, only had 1 chicken to deal with that day. My wife took the rest of the chicken and made chicken dumplings with it.
                sigpic

Comment

Yum-O!!!
                  Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                  Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                  1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                  Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                  Pink Thermapen
                  Purple Thermapen

Comment

Be lookin good!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                    X