Need help with wings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with wings.

I've never smoked wings. Can i get some advice on brine, seasonings, sauce, smoking time, etc?

Thanks!

sigpic

My Dallas Stars have had problems with them in the past, but ... Oh.. never mind..

Smoke them at higher heat I smoke them around 300* So the skin will be crispy... I do not brine mine. When they come off I like to use my Chipoltle Sauce if I have any.. If not Franks is a winner for sure..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Try to put them on a rack with very little area touching the wings.They like to stick like crazy.And like Ken said the higher the heat the better 300-350 is prefered.

I need to do a batch soon myself, maybe for the race on sunday!
      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Anyone have a good wing sauce recipe?

sigpic

Comment

got an excellent chinese style marinade recipe around somewhere - I'll dig it up for you later ;-)
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

On superbowl sunday I let a couple pound of wings marinate in Franks Red Hot for a few hours then smoked at 220 for about 2 hrs. When they came off the smoker I put them in a deep skillet in some hot oil to crispy fry them then coated them in the wing sauce recipe that is on the back of the Franks Red Hot bottle-pretty much Hot sauce and melted butter.
            Last edited by wutang; 02-12-2009, 09:14 AM.
            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Although I love hot sauce, I need some help with wings my daughter can eat with me.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darrin View Post
                Although I love hot sauce, I need some help with wings my daughter can eat with me.
                I did leave a few plain (seasoned with a little garlic salt and pepper) for my daughter.
                KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Working...
                X