Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 08-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Indeed you were cooking short ribs...
Back ribs are the bones cut from the whole ribeye...A much better cut...BUTT...butchers like to leave all the meat on the ribeye and sell the bones without much meat at all...

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 08-09-2017, 11:20 PM
Been at it a while

Cowboy Bill Knows How To Mop The MeatCowboy Bill Knows How To Mop The Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
Love to see it, never heard of it before.. I bet it IS Guud though..

Tomato Pie

1 (9-inch) frozen pie shell, thawed
3 large tomatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
Kosher salt, for sprinkling
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup coarsely grated Gruyere
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Additional kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Line the shell with foil and fill with pie weights, dried beans, or rice. Bake in the lower third of the oven for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the weights and foil. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more or until light golden. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
Turn up the oven to 400 degrees F.
Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and drain in a colander for 10 to 15 minutes. Spread the mustard over the bottom of the shell and sprinkle the cheese over it. Arrange the tomatoes over the cheese in 1 overlapping layer. Bake until the pastry is golden brown and the tomatoes are very soft, 35 to 40 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together the parsley, thyme, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste to blend. Sprinkle the pie with this mixture while hot and spread out gently with the back of a spoon. Serve the pie hot or at room temperature.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:11 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bill View Post
Tomato Pie

1 (9-inch) frozen pie shell, thawed
3 large tomatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
Kosher salt, for sprinkling
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup coarsely grated Gruyere
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Additional kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Line the shell with foil and fill with pie weights, dried beans, or rice. Bake in the lower third of the oven for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the weights and foil. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more or until light golden. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
Turn up the oven to 400 degrees F.
Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and drain in a colander for 10 to 15 minutes. Spread the mustard over the bottom of the shell and sprinkle the cheese over it. Arrange the tomatoes over the cheese in 1 overlapping layer. Bake until the pastry is golden brown and the tomatoes are very soft, 35 to 40 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together the parsley, thyme, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste to blend. Sprinkle the pie with this mixture while hot and spread out gently with the back of a spoon. Serve the pie hot or at room temperature.
Dang, this sounds gooood!! Thanks for sharing!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 08-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

I don't see how that could suck...
On the list
Old 08-10-2017, 08:18 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

General purpose

One nitpickity thing.
Buckboard bacon is not cooked: just cured and cold smoked. What you had there was shoulder ham :-)
If it's cooked it's ham - if it's not cooked it's bacon.

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 08-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Been at it a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
it’s difficult to get GOOD dinos. I suggest you look into something called a “beef plate”. Should be more to your liking...
Since it was my first attempt, I don't know what variety I got but I purchased it from a restaurant supply house which sells to restaurants so I would think would be selling premium cuts of meat. I'd still rather smoke a brisket.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:19 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

[QUOTE=Cowboy Bill;658085]Yea been smoking for at least 15 years, just never did beef ribs. I'm smoking them for us and a neighbor who doesn't eat pork. I was going to do another brisket but I still have some in the freezer. My brisket recipe was a top 10 winner in a National Competition.

Everything you posted looks Great, Bill.
You do Real nice Work!!

Below is how I get Beef Ribs with a lot of meat on them, and how I usually do them:

Dino Ribs:
http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37623

Bear
Old 08-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Been at it a while

[QUOTE=Bearcarver;658190]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bill View Post
Yea been smoking for at least 15 years, just never did beef ribs. I'm smoking them for us and a neighbor who doesn't eat pork. I was going to do another brisket but I still have some in the freezer. My brisket recipe was a top 10 winner in a National Competition.

Everything you posted looks Great, Bill.
You do Real nice Work!!

Below is how I get Beef Ribs with a lot of meat on them, and how I usually do them:

Dino Ribs:
http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37623

Bear
Yea somebody else suggested that, too much work for me. I just basically followed my brisket smoking process and they came out great. I'll do yours though if it turns all that fat into meat. LOL They're not worth it and like I said, I've got a very successful beef rib smoke under my belt and won't do it again. VERY EXPENSIVE meat for as little meat as you get with them. I'll smoke some filet mignon for probably the same price per pound as what the beef ribs yielded and I'll tell you, filet mignon at 225 melts in your mouth like nothing you've ever eaten.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Beef