Posted On: 09-23-2017
Replies: 22
Views: 230
0 Yet Another Pulled Pork Thread...
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 43
Views: 721
0 Country Style Ribs (SV & Grill) Best Ever!
Last Post: Otis857
Replies: 6
Views: 67
0 When Your Vegan Son Comes Home From College.... Vortex!
Last Post: Spivitz
Replies: 11
Views: 134
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,344 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,590 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 638,556 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 09-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Padre

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
Default Beef Brisket - Progressive Thread - Smokin for my grandsons bday

I am honored to have this thread made into a sticky. Within it you will find several things. First and foremost I believe that it does contain everything you need to know to cook a brisket. Second it contains the fellowship, heart and soul of smoked-meat. The banter, wit and humor that brings all of us here day in and day out all good thread seem to have it. Last but not least you will find words of encouragement and support that we have for everyone here.

One additional thing. Hindsight is always 20/20. After reading the thread I have been allowed to make corrections and add notes you will find these notes in Bold

And SmokeFromHell, just follow my lead. Lord only knows folks learn from the mistakes I make everyday.

Nakid Brisket flat. Light trim on the fat cap. Washed and and patted dry. Starting weight 11.43 pounds

Here is a bowl of my homemade rub. SmokeFromHell I'll make ya a deal son, I'll send my rub recipe to richtee if you send your sauce recipe to him and we will let him post them at the same time. Then again anyone with a sauce in the market place should be able to make a decent rub

I coated the brisket Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce and gave it a good massage. The i dusted it with rub. Some folks rub it in, myself i kinda just smash it into the meat. I may use to much rub but i like it that way

Last but not least i wrapped it in plastic for a fridge nap until it hits the smoker in a few hours

Stay tuned its going to be fun

One knock against this thread was I did not post my rub recipe. So you can find it here;
http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...722#post450722
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
Chargriller SnP well modified
one ugly ass drum smoker
New Braunfels Bandera in dry dock for a service life extension overhaul

and

saving for a trailer mounted 60" reverse flow for my christmas present

Last edited by DDave; 09-16-2017 at 05:39 PM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

I'm in your corner on smashing it into the meat also
Old 09-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Padre

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
Is it done yet?
Pirate chaplain to carp commander.... i aint even started the smoker yet

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
one ugly ass drum smoker

and

Old 09-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty ol salt View Post
Pirate chaplain to carp commander.... i aint even started the smoker yet

What flavor of smoke is this beast getting??
Old 09-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Padre

I am a hickory kinda guy, maybe some oak too

i will be using stubbs briquettes and royal oak lump as my heat source

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
one ugly ass drum smoker

and

Old 09-27-2013, 09:18 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Very nice... and "rub" is a noun... not a verb. It IS OK to press..or "smash" it in. But actually rubbing it... is pointless, wasteful and messy.

Gooo Pirate!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Very nice... and "rub" is a noun... not a verb. It IS OK to press..or "smash" it in. But actually rubbing it... is pointless, wasteful and messy.

Gooo Pirate!
its all them there fancy cookin shows... them there guys and gals always seem to be rubbin there meat

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
one ugly ass drum smoker

and

Old 09-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Biltong King

Quote:

Gooo Pirate!
My thoughts also sir

I need to get a Jaccard (sp) to JAM that rub into the meat....
Old 09-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Padre

Like Jeff Foxworthy you might be a "redneck"

If this photo needs explaining..... you need to send me a PM. Honest please dont proclaim ya'll dont get this in public.

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
one ugly ass drum smoker

and

Last edited by DDave; 09-16-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Padre

I am humble opinion if you want to get rock n rollin you need some hot shit

This would be hot shit

hot shit in the belly of the beast

just charcoal with flash.... much neater when its hot shit

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
one ugly ass drum smoker

and

Last edited by DDave; 09-16-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Padre

Quote:

Gooo Pirate!
I remember when i first started, i really tried to rub it in. it turned into this red spicy paste like goop all over the place. not so funny back then. LMAO now thinkin bout it

Quote:
My thoughts also sir

I need to get a Jaccard (sp) to JAM that rub into the meat....
I have often wondered about core injecting rubs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyRay View Post
I'm going to refrain from all the rubbing, massaging and smashing innuendos I could respond with. No 'splaining needed here. Just show me the beefy goodness when it's done, my pirate padre.
Beefy goodness is what we are shooting for. Good Lord willing and Zombie apocalypse does happen

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
one ugly ass drum smoker

and

Old 09-28-2013, 02:23 AM
Padre

attention shipmates, this is your pirate chaplain. we are currently smoking at 225*F

At the time of meat thermal probe insertion our brisket temperature was 147*F

It does appear the the brisket temp has crept up 152*F in the picture

here is the star of tonight's smoke "Brisket"

the fat is starting to break down, you can hear it dripping into the smoker and the smell changes in the back yard

Just cruising along - Smile and wave boys - Smile and wave

Just a thought here. I do not foil anything, nothing, nope not at all. That is just my thing. Other smokers will tell you to foil around 165*F. There is no correct answer to this, no one person is right or wrong. My suggestion, find what you are comfortable with and develop your own style.

Very random thought, I wonder how many actually catch the Madagascar Penguins reference there???

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
one ugly ass drum smoker

and

Last edited by DDave; 09-16-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Oh Yeah!!! Gonna be Great, Swashbuckling Padre!!!

I agree----Rub is a noun, unless you want to "Rub it Off".

Bear
Old 09-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

bet it is resting for the party about now right????

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 09-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Padre

Well now, everyone correctly guessed that the brisket is done and resting. I have grab a shower and a nap.

I am firing up the smoker for a second round dutch's wicked baked beans

now where is my coffee

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
one ugly ass drum smoker

and

Last edited by crusty ol salt; 09-28-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Padre

Are you ready for another update?

Brisket finished i do believe someone nibbled on the end.... you just cant find good help these days

Here i have started slicing the brisket. i didnt get the smoke ring i wanted but the flavor is perfect'

Dutch's wicked baked beans in the smoker. i goofed this one and got a tad much dry mustard. they are still good

Thank you to my Smoked-Meat family and friends. The good Lord knows I couldnt do any of this without everything I have learning from you.

Party Pics Later

Many people do mark the brisket prior to cooking to identify the direction that the grain runs. Again this is a personal preference item and it sure does help when you a first starting out. See Capt Dan's thread for more info on this.

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
one ugly ass drum smoker

and

Last edited by DDave; 09-16-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Keepin' on Smokin'

Bassman Is  A Name Known To All
Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All

That's looks about as good as it gets, Marcus. I'll take two slices of that and a double scoop of the beans with the extra mustard.

Smoke Vault 24
Old 09-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
Oh yeah Marcus.. Looks like you and that Chargriller make a great team...

Thanks for no shower pics
That $80.00 i spent on my chargriller SnP was the best $80.00 i ever spent.

If i posted shower pic's... folks would be burnin their eyes out with hot charcoal briquettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. View Post
Nailed it
Thanks for the points my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
Awesome, Padre!!!

As for the missing piece----You are on a Pirate Ship, Right???

Bear
Thanks Jon, i will use that excuse too

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
one ugly ass drum smoker

and

Old 09-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Padre

Quote:
Funny how the corners of them big hunks sneak off

Looks Awesome Marcus
Isnt it just the oddest thing.... thanks for the points.

Quote:
My ninja corner-stealing training paid off I see

Niiice Padre Pirate!
Yes sir, gotta say Richtee corner stealing training and Mad Hunky products have helped make my smoking addiction complete

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
one ugly ass drum smoker

and

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Beef