Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 08-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Been at it a while

Cowboy Bill Knows How To Mop The MeatCowboy Bill Knows How To Mop The Meat
Default Never smoked beef ribs before

Never smoked beef ribs before but I have 4 racks in the refrigerator and am looking for some direction.

Just looking around on the forum some people smoke them pretty hot, 250. I like low and slow 225. Any reason to go hotter?

Pretty hefty piece of meat, are people using a temperature probe for done or how long might it take at 225?

Any direction appreciated.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 08-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Fire Starter

Smoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To All
Smoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To All

8 to 10 hours pull them off at 195 or 200

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Been at it a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoketuffbbq View Post
8 to 10 hours pull them off at 195 or 200

SHOOT...so start them the night before... Sounds like this will be real, fall off the bone tender. Wrap them at any particular temp?
Old 08-07-2017, 10:58 PM
Fire Starter

Smoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To All
Smoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To All

I personally don't wrap always but if i do its at about 165 170 and i use butcher paper

Old 08-08-2017, 04:40 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

250’s not gonna hurt ‘em. You can get ‘em done quicker with the Texas Crutch (foil) about 160-ish. Add a little moisture to it..thinned sauce, beef broth..whatever you think. they’ll be ready in about an hour after that. Unfoil for a bit after to bring back the “barq” if ya like.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:15 AM
Been at it a while

Thanks guys!

I brought up the wrapping because this seems to be the same cooking time as a packer which I wrap with my injection fluid in the package.

Appreciate the input, I'll let you know how they come out.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:45 AM
This Space: FOR RENT

THUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

I used Bearcarvers ideas:
http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37623
to great effect...
Old 08-08-2017, 09:35 PM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

First question...Are you cooking back ribs or short ribs?
Second...Are they thick and meaty or are they scraped down to the bones?

Beef ribs are one of those characters that gets done when it's done...Period...Rushing them or pulling them too soon will make ya wonder why ya chose beef ribs...Patience is the key...And don't panic if it looks like all the meat is cooking away and all you're gonna have left is bones...It probably wont turn out that way

Last ones I did were some shorties about two inches thick...
http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43787

Good luck

Craig
Old 08-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Been at it a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
First question...Are you cooking back ribs or short ribs?
Second...Are they thick and meaty or are they scraped down to the bones?

Beef ribs are one of those characters that gets done when it's done...Period...Rushing them or pulling them too soon will make ya wonder why ya chose beef ribs...Patience is the key...And don't panic if it looks like all the meat is cooking away and all you're gonna have left is bones...It probably wont turn out that way

Last ones I did were some shorties about two inches thick...
http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43787

Good luck
Yea the URL you provided is what I have and what you got is what I am expecting.

I take it you guys use a temperature probe to monitor meat temp?
Old 08-08-2017, 10:26 PM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bill View Post
Yea the URL you provided is what I have and what you got is what I am expecting.

I take it you guys use a temperature probe to monitor meat temp?
I never checked the temp till the very end...

Sounds like you got some experience...Just trust what you know...

Craig
Old 08-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Been at it a while

Yea been smoking for at least 15 years, just never did beef ribs. I'm smoking them for us and a neighbor who doesn't eat pork. I was going to do another brisket but I still have some in the freezer. My brisket recipe was a top 10 winner in a National Competition.

Buckboard Bacon, my favorite

ABT's and Fatty

[/URL]

Bacon

[/URL]

Sausage

[/URL]

Smoked Tomato Pie

[/URL]

Stuffed Pork Loin

[/URL]

Last edited by Cowboy Bill; 08-09-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:42 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bill View Post
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps9cdhs7rs.jpg

I can't figure out how to get all the pictures themselves posted. I did the same thing for all of them.
You WON’T figger out how to get the pix posted...

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...53272#poststop
Old 08-09-2017, 08:38 AM
Been at it a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
You WON’T figger out how to get the pix posted...

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...53272#poststop
I figured it out.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Been at it a while

Oh and I forgot, Hot Dog Wellington

[/URL]
Old 08-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Been at it a while

Sorry guys but it's been so long since I'm active on a BBQ Forum, I forgot to take pictures till we were on the last bone. It did look great a was delicious.

I have to say though, I believe there is FAR more fat, gristle and bone then meat. I'm glad the receipt for that is long gone because I don't want to know what I paid for it.

It looked and tasted great but for what you get, I've put one under my belt and that will suffice.

Thanks again guys for all your help.

Last edited by Cowboy Bill; 08-09-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

OK, not to hijack the thread, but you really need to post the Smoked Tomato Pie.. You have my attention..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 08-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Been at it a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
OK, not to hijack the thread, but you really need to post the Smoked Tomato Pie.. You have my attention..
Want the recipe? You'll think you died and went to Heaven.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Love to see it, never heard of it before.. I bet it IS Guud though..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 08-09-2017, 07:13 PM
The Mad Hunky!

it’s difficult to get GOOD dinos. I suggest you look into something called a “beef plate”. Should be more to your liking...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Beef