1st attempt at sushi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st attempt at sushi

The comments on my previous seared tuna post kept ringing in my head so I decided I needed to get some and have another go at it. Ended up at Whole Foods. Found wasabi and soy, saw the seaweed and the sushi rice, went by the fish case and saw some tasty looking tuna. Well the seared tuna idea went out the window and I decided to attempt sushi. After spending way too much at Whole Foods, I went to Kroger for some imitation krab. Stole some chopsticks from their sushi counter and grabbed some spicy mayo and eel sauce. And what the hell, some sake. When in Rome...
    Conjured up a sushi mat from a gallon vac bag with a few sheets of paper sealed inside to stiffen it up.
    Enough rambling, here are the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wood hit that fo sho!! I have never ventured into making me own sushi, butt I love the stuff. I have watched many chefs do it, and thought that it would be an adventure to do it. Looks like you nailed it.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

very nice! I've never attempted making it either, but I love to eat it when the mood strikes. Great job
      Mike
      Life In Pit Row

Comment

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is that raw bacon sushi?

Nice job! Authentic looking. The only thing missing, sake.

dcarch

Comment

That had to be a lot of work to make and the presentation plated looks great, but I have no desire to eat anything like this.. Just not in my DNA.. Points for nailing the build and plated..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Another sushi fan here. Yours looks delicious! Well done!
            jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

I like rollin them fatties also.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all. It was fun to try something new. Prep and difficulty wise, I’d liken it to making a bacon fatty. My plan was to get the rice cooking and search out how to vids on YouTube. I got distracted cutting the avocado and cucumbers and ended up just winging it. To me, a lot of the enjoyment in cooking comes from just the process whether it be Smoking, curing, SVing, grilling etc. being able to enjoy the final product and share with friends is a bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by strength_and_power View Post
                  Thanks all. It was fun to try something new. Prep and difficulty wise, I’d liken it to making a bacon fatty. My plan was to get the rice cooking and search out how to vids on YouTube. I got distracted cutting the avocado and cucumbers and ended up just winging it. To me, a lot of the enjoyment in cooking comes from just the process whether it be Smoking, curing, SVing, grilling etc. being able to enjoy the final product and share with friends is a bonus
                  Amen to that.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Have to throw some points out for that! .

Great job and nice presentation.

Comment

Working...
                    X