Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Hungarain Kolbasz recipe (excel required)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bb53chevpro View Post
    Sorry I do not know how how much TQ to use since I have never used it before.
    Truthfully, I am not sure what the soy protien or powdered milk is for.
    Hope this helps.
    Looking back on this classic EXCELLENT sausage post...

TQ would not be applicable to the Excel sheet, as you would need to modify the salt content.

You could try omitting the salt, and going with 1.5 teaspoons (level) per Lb of ground meat weight.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Funny you bump this, I was just looking at it yesterday & going through my notes on the Mad Hunky Kolbasz after reading CA's rant about keeping sausages simple .... Have yet to try this one, but the Hunky Kolbasz is Very Good!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        Funny you bump this, I was just looking at it yesterday & going through my notes on the Mad Hunky Kolbasz after reading CA's rant about keeping sausages simple .... Have yet to try this one, but the Hunky Kolbasz is Very Good!
        Don't get much simpler. Hell, toughest thing is grinding the meat

BTW how's your recipe compare?
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Don't get much simpler. Hell, toughest thing is grinding the meat

BTW how's your recipe compare?
          The Kolbasz recipe?, or "guide notes" you gave me a few years back ?.... Looks to be the same ingredients.... I'm not smart enough to figure out if the ratios are the same .... but 1 teaspoon per lb of pork... Salt, CBP, Garlic & Paprika I think is what I have written down for Hunky Kolbasz.... Just moved, not sure where notes are.. or anything else...
          Last edited by Fishawn; 01-21-2011, 06:09 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Yep... just curious. I guess I'd have to break it down too.

Comment

Note Tip's comments from 03/09 regarding his hand... Poor fellar is always banged all up!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Note Tip's comments from 03/09 regarding his hand... Poor fellar is always banged all up!
                Attention to detail! Right nice....Fish Daddy..
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Newbie here
                  Can anyone post these recipes, they don't seem to download when I try

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by apco View Post
                    Newbie here

What format would you like them in? Android doesn't like Excel files.
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Newbie here

to Smoked-Meat.
                      Step into the new member forum and introduce yourself'
                      Ask your question there and someone will be able to help.
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                        What format would you like them in? Android doesn't like Excel files.
                        Thanks for the quick reply...just found this forum
                        I'll be making deer sausage soon, but would also like to try this recipe...love garlic and paprika

My phone won't download, but I now just realized that the download is a just a recipe, it's a xcl spreadsheet...I may have to try on a computer

Is there a plain ( just text) recipe available anywhere?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply...just found this forum
                          I'll be making deer sausage soon, but would also like to try this recipe...love garlic and paprika

My phone won't download, but I now just realized that the download is a just a recipe, it's a xcl spreadsheet...I may have to try on a computer

Is there a plain ( just text) recipe available anywhere?

Richtee has a good one.
                          Mark
                          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I was going to convert it to a word doc but the excel spread sheet is formulated to adjust the amount of ingredients in ratio to the weight of wet sausage.
                            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                              Richtee has a good one.
                              In all honesty, I have simplified it even more.

Per pound of ground meat (You wan at least 30% fat- A butt is usually perfect with no trimming. If yer doing vennie, yer gonna want a good fatty butt and go 50/50 pork vennie. If you want MORE venison in it, trim the fatty parts off the butt and use just them, save the lean for chili verde or something)

1 tsp each Good Hunky paprika, garlic powder, coarse cracked black pepper, onion powder.
                              1.5 teaspoons Tenderquick curing salt

That’s it. Some do not use the onion but I like the added flavor.

I typically “wet” it for mixing/stuffing with a good beer about every 5-6 pounds of meat.

Smoke to 153°, or better yet, get an hour or so of smoke on them, vac pac and finish in a 153° sous vide bath. Works a charm.

Rinse in cold water when temp is hit, and let “bloom” in a cool area overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                                In all honesty, I have simplified it even more.

Per pound of ground meat (You wan at least 30% fat- A butt is usually perfect with no trimming. If yer doing vennie, yer gonna want a good fatty butt and go 50/50 pork vennie. If you want MORE venison in it, trim the fatty parts off the butt and use just them, save the lean for chili verde or something)

1 tsp each Good Hunky paprika, garlic powder, coarse cracked black pepper, onion powder.
                                1.5 teaspoons Tenderquick curing salt

That’s it. Some do not use the onion but I like the added flavor.

I typically “wet” it for mixing/stuffing with a good beer about every 5-6 pounds of meat.

Smoke to 153°, or better yet, get an hour or so of smoke on them, vac pac and finish in a 153° sous vide bath. Works a charm.

Rinse in cold water when temp is hit, and let “bloom” in a cool area overnight.
                                You are my frakin' hero
                                Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X