Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 09-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Smoke'em If you Got'em!

Drumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God
Default Rehab and Mods to my Smoker

So it all started a few weeks ago with a small patch of rust repair on my vertical smoker. Well when that patch was fixed and repainted, it didnt match the rest of the smoker... and WHO wants to look at a miss matched smoker... PFFT.

It was then all sanded down and repainted. She received new tires and hardware.

Added some fire brick, new home made (Adjustable) baffle and firebox grate (i know its not pritty, but it WORKS. Made from scrap to keep my cost down!)

After that I re-seasoned her.

WELL today, was my biggest change to my smoker. I removed the "grille" crap grate thing that sat atop the fire box and replaced it with a griddle!

Before:

AFTER!

Coated it with some canola oil and BOOM!

I LOVE this! I was able to shore up the area i was losing heat and smoke from! AND now I have a spot to cook a pot of beans, or veggies or whatever AS I smoke without having to fire up the other BBQ!!

And YEP the griddle gets NICE AND HOT!!

Ready to fire her up today for some Beer Can Chicken!!!!

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-10-2017, 09:32 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Wow, that's pretty dang sweet!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 09-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Awesome drumbic - Great idea with the griddle

Old 09-10-2017, 11:18 AM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Great job! I love the griddle Might want to check on a patent...
Old 09-10-2017, 11:26 AM
women love my meat...

aczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacheraczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacheraczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacheraczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacheraczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacheraczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

I love the griddle idea, and the wood grate is super heavy duty. I might have to incorporate those. thanks for the pics!
Former Lineup:
-Charbroil Santa Fe grill
-1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
-1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
-enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!
Old 09-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Sausage Slinger

dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All
dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All

Great idea!!!! Sort of makes you wonder why it's not built that way to start with.

Add a black iron pipe grease drain to the griddle turning out the side to a container, and it's a full service griddle giving you the best of both worlds.

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Old 09-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Smoke'em If you Got'em!

Drumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDrumbic Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Thanks all.

I am smoking the beer can chicken as we speak... The grille did take me about 45 more min to get up to temp. I guess heating the steel and bricks need extra time than without them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post

Add a black iron pipe grease drain to the griddle turning out the side to a container, and it's a full service griddle giving you the best of both worlds.
OOOOOOHHHHHHHH I didnt even THINK about that... That would have made this griddle EPIC!! Could have been smoking bacon and cooking the eggs at the same time!!!!
Old 09-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Smoke'em If you Got'em!

Mods worked over VERY well to maintain my temp through the cook! I used less wood and chrocal!

Old 09-10-2017, 08:54 PM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Now that's some good lookin chicken...
Old 09-11-2017, 05:08 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Great looking chicken, and I love the griddle idea!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 09-12-2017, 06:09 AM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To All
zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All

Nice mods and good looking chicken
z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
Brown and lime green ThermaPens
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 09-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Nice doins, excellent mods and de chiggin look good toooooo!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 09-19-2017, 10:21 PM
Smoke'em If you Got'em!

Thanks everyone. I am happy with her! Added the gasket and latches.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Charcoal Smokers