Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one disturbed by the Lance Armstrong deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TasunkaWitko View Post
    well, either way, it sure as hell isn't going to chage the fact that i'm barbecuing some some big-ass hunks o'pork this weekend! anyone bringing a side-dish, including lance armstrong, is invited to join in!

(in other words - we'll just have to agree to disagree ~)
    Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
    You got it Taz...and like I said, good discussion on the topic. I appreciate a bit of verbal jousting from time to time...first round is on me!
    Hehehe... now see? It's not hard folks!

Hey guys..I wanna come too!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

come on over, rich ~ as i said, all are welcome!
      Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
      Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

Originally posted by TasunkaWitko View Post
        well, either way, it sure as hell isn't going to chage the fact that i'm barbecuing some some big-ass hunks o'pork this weekend! anyone bringing a side-dish, including lance armstrong, is invited to join in!

(in other words - we'll just have to agree to disagree ~)
        Well I think that makes you a jerk.....cause I can't get a hunk of that pork! I'd bring a side dish but a whole cow would be gone by the time I could get there.

As far a LA goes, you can only prove a positive - that something really happened, you cannot prove a negative - that something did not! He can only prove what the available evidence shows - It shows he did nothing provably wrong. Guilt by association and/or by questionable/tainted witness is not admissible in any court, no should it have been here.
        Just my $.02

I revert to my previous comment.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

The part that sticks in my mind most is the fact that all the years he fought this crap, it was because he wanted to continue to race, because he loved it so much.
          Now that he no longer is going to race, he's saying F'it !!!

Which shows the thing that is most important to him has been competing in the sport he loves, and if he wanted to race again, he would continue to fight the ridiculous charges.

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
            The part that sticks in my mind most is the fact that all the years he fought this crap, it was because he wanted to continue to race, because he loved it so much.
            Now that he no longer is going to race, he's saying F'it !!!

Which shows the thing that is most important to him has been competing in the sport he loves, and if he wanted to race again, he would continue to fight the ridiculous charges.

Bear
            I think if he could still compete or be competitive, he would still fight. It's over, so why fight - move on.
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
              I think if he could still compete or be competitive, he would still fight. It's over, so why fight - move on.
              IF..I were innocent of the accusations... I would still fight. Regardless if I would be competing again.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I think LA understands this is a proverbial you're a cheat

Am not
                Are too
                Am not
                Are too

And that no one ever wins those arguments

Comment

I wonder how many blood transfusions LA endured during his treatment for cancer.........?
                  sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    IF..I were innocent of the accusations... I would still fight. Regardless if I would be competing again.
                    You haven't been fighting it for ten years already. If you are facing a kangaroo court with no chance of winning, no matter what the "real" evidence is...

In most situations
                    I were innocent of the accusations... I would still fight.
                    I agree, I would also. But they have found him guilty in spite of the evidence and are asking him to prove his innocence. That ain't how thing are supposed to work in this country!
                    Mark
                    sigpic

Comment

I dont know. From what i understand there is like 6 team members that saw him shoot up and also saw him administer shots to others.
                      He may have lost the titles but he keeps the cash and will make millions more.
                      Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, Rage against the dying of the light.

www.wedlinydomowe.com/

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage...ure-calculator

ExhaustedSpark
                      Disabled
                      Member American Legion
                      Life Member NRA
                      Life Member ARRL

Comment

SOOOOoooooo.......

Figured I might as well rip this scab off....
                        Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
                        Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

Working...
                        X