Third batch a eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
    lmao - you telling me you're prepared to spend 12 hours cooking a piece of meat - but can't take 5 minutes to hardboil an egg ?
    That is sad

As for the effects of eating them - well yeah

Why not start on the pickled sausage gig, can't remember anyone reporting any serious after effects from those
    Haha its the peeling that i cant stand to do, hardboiling is easy lol
    The first batch i made didnt bother me but the last two are well a pain in my ass

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
      Haha its the peeling that i cant stand to do, hardboiling is easy lol
      The first batch i made didnt bother me but the last two are well a pain in my ass

Do we need a Tutorial on how to soft / hard boil eggs??

I know I have jacked up many eggs in my day.. In fact I am surprised that the Easter Bunny has not came and kick my ass...
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Man I would love to be eating some of dem egss now...
        Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
          Do we need a Tutorial on how to soft / hard boil eggs??

I know I have jacked up many eggs in my day.. In fact I am surprised that the Easter Bunny has not came and kick my ass...
          Ya know Ken, that is prolly a good idea.... ..... I don't seem to have much trouble with them most of the time, but there has been a few batches.... I think the pin prick thingy is supposed to help with peeling .... But it sure would be nice to have a stinky sticky thread to refer to when it comes boiling time.
          sigpic

Comment

I know the biggest key to having a easy, smooth peeled egg, is to be sure they are older eggs... They need to be at least 2 weeks old from the store for easiest peeling..
            Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
              I know the biggest key to having a easy, smooth peeled egg, is to be sure they are older eggs... They need to be at least 2 weeks old from the store for easiest peeling..
              ...... True Dat..... In my batchelor days, I called my mom for advice on how to get the shells of the $%&*!G things without taking 1/2 the cooked egg with it & she asked me if they were "new" eggs.... Yes, I just bought them today I said.... Well, from there I got the mom lesson on how "new" eggs will not peel very well compared to older eggs... Mom's know it all .. (Wives just think they do)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                Maybe just try some plain pickled eggs (without the hot sauce). I've also heard that huge quantities of beer along with pickled eggs helps with the digestion.
                I agree with this eggs & beer make me happy but really piss off coworkers
                Terry here
                Still have Christene

Comment

Pandy, I had to toss mine out as well. I said I was gonna wait the full 10 days, but I went longer. I forgot about them till about 3 days ago. They had black spots on them. That might have been flavor enhancers but I wasn't taking any chances

Don't give up on them, I plan on making more. I just have to remember that they are in the fridge.
                  https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

boiled eggs

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum I enjoy and am learning a lot from
                    all the post. About peeling boiled eggs, when the eggs are done to your
                    taste, drain off the hot water and fill the pot with cool tap water. Drain
                    and fill with cool water 2 more times Then add ice cubes to the third water
                    and let set app. 5 minutes. Take an egg and genthley crack it on the counter
                    then roll the egg under the plam of your hand and the shell will crack all over
                    and will peel very easy. The fast cooling on the outside of the egg releases
                    the membrane from the egg and it sticks to the shell making the peeling
                    easy. Hope this helps. Bama

Comment

Originally posted by planahead View Post
                      Hi everyone I'm new to the forum I enjoy and am learning a lot from
                      all the post. About peeling boiled eggs, when the eggs are done to your
                      taste, drain off the hot water and fill the pot with cool tap water. Drain
                      and fill with cool water 2 more times Then add ice cubes to the third water
                      and let set app. 5 minutes. Take an egg and genthley crack it on the counter
                      then roll the egg under the plam of your hand and the shell will crack all over
                      and will peel very easy. The fast cooling on the outside of the egg releases
                      the membrane from the egg and it sticks to the shell making the peeling
                      easy. Hope this helps. Bama
                      ...you should introduce yourself in the new member forum....

Comment

boiled eggs

Sorry about that. I'll try not to bother you any more.planahead

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                          ...you should introduce yourself in the new member forum....
                          Originally posted by planahead View Post
                          Sorry about that. I'll try not to bother you any more.planahead

Not sure why you would say that??? All ALX did was Welcome you and suggested you introduce yourself in the new member forum...
                          Ken

Comment

No bother planahead at all... Its customary to have new members introduce themselves in the new member area... Tell us a little about yourself, where you are located, your smoking-grilling-cooking gear and interests.... Great info on the egg cracking BTW... This is a great, very friendly and knowledgeable group so don't feel intimidated.... You will be welcomed by all!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Gary, I'm going to have to do some eggs soon. If my wife thinks my Bulldog Gus has bad gas now... Just wait until he and I chow down on a jar of pickled eggs.
                              Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                              Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                              SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                              Yoder Wichita
                              Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                              Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                              Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                                Gary, I'm going to have to do some eggs soon. If my wife thinks my Bulldog Gus has bad gas now... Just wait until he and I chow down on a jar of pickled eggs.
                                LOL we want a video of you too making smellavision
                                Check this out, I tried it and it does kinda work and I agree on the cold water and even ice water
                                [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dut1b--AgLM[/yt]

Comment

Working...
                                X