Worlds greatest cheese spread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    Interesting... hmm I assume the mayo is an emulsification agent? I could use say...sour cream? Mayo is another thing I don't much care for... but it's probably pretty transparent in this eh.
    Just don't use Miracle Whip and you'll be fine. I think the mayo is there more for texture than flavor.

I make a garlic cheesy bread that uses mayo and you would never guess if you didn't already know that mayo was in it.
    sigpicTrying to fit.....in the misfits....

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
      The stronger the cheese the less you'll taste any mayo, count on it.
      Yep...I figgered. I'll give it a whirl, as I love cheese spreads :{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
        That's really similar to what me Grandma used to make... only diff was that she used NY sharp cheddar instead of the American... thanks for sharing!!
        Ya no I'll bet that would be good!
        Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Interesting... hmm I assume the mayo is an emulsification agent? I could use say...sour cream? Mayo is another thing I don't much care for... but it's probably pretty transparent in this eh.
        WTF-sour cream but then I love mayo on almost anything
        Originally posted by Beer-B-Q View Post
        I agree on the Mayo...

Sounds good but maybe use Creamed Cheese instead of Mayo...

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        Green Beans in place of the mayo ?
        LMAO
        Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
        The stronger the cheese the less you'll taste any mayo, count on it.
        Dont doubt that
        Originally posted by Time2Eat View Post
        Just don't use Miracle Whip and you'll be fine. I think the mayo is there more for texture than flavor.
        Yes,M W would suck big time
        I make a garlic cheesy bread that uses mayo and you would never guess if you didn't already know that mayo was in it.
        Sounds good
        2-22.5'' weber
        1-18'' weber
        1 smokey joe
        22.5'' wsm
        24'' smoke vault
        1-outhouse
        Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
        Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Oh man I will take Miracle Whip over Mayo any day. My wife hates Miracle Whip but I love everything better with Miracle Whip instead of Mayo.
          Propane Smoke Shack
          UDS
          Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds purty good to me I'm in.
            JT

Comment

Originally posted by Beer-B-Q View Post
              I agree on the Mayo...

Sounds good but maybe use Creamed Cheese instead of Mayo...
              I like that idea! Leave the mayo out and see where the sharp and cream cheese take ya. You can always ad some mayo or miracle whip if'n it's too thick.
              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
                Oh man I will take Miracle Whip over Mayo any day. My wife hates Miracle Whip but I love everything better with Miracle Whip instead of Mayo.
                Lol I knew that would get a response. Seems like your either on one side or the other. Don't think I've ever ran across anyone that likes both. Seems to be whatever you grew up with is the preferred for the most part.

I think MeatHunter suggested using it in ABT's. That sounds like a definite winner!
                sigpicTrying to fit.....in the misfits....

Comment

Lol I knew that would get a response. Seems like your either on one side or the other. Don't think I've ever ran across anyone that likes both. Seems to be whatever you grew up with is the preferred for the most part.
                  Not me... I'm backwards, grew up on miracle whip, now I can't stand it. Give me regular mayo any day over micacle whip.

That cheese spread looks awesome bill! I'm going to have to try it. Not a huge fan of pimentos though. Wonder how it would taste with black olives instead?
                  Mike
                  Life In Pit Row

Comment

I think MeatHunter suggested using it in ABT's. That sounds like a definite winner!
                    I like them both, but usually prefer mayo if it's Hellmans.
                    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.

sigpic
                    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
                      Not me... I'm backwards, grew up on miracle whip, now I can't stand it. Give me regular mayo any day over micacle whip.
                      I'm with ya'... MW was all you found in the fridge as a kid, and I liked it then... not so much now! Love me Hellmans!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Just want to thank MinnBill for the great post, it brought back some good memories, some new ideas, and a plan for some killer cheese dips ahead.

sigpic
                        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Louie just saw yer gig! Told me ta click the scales...Gonna make it....
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Sounds great Bill but what is hard american? never heard of it, is it like velvetta? Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                              Sounds great Bill but what is hard american? never heard of it, is it like velvetta? Thanks for sharing
                              Saddam can answer that. C/O Hell...

Nooo Velveeta would be...well..plastic. there IS actually real block American cheese. A mild cheddar would be an equilivant.
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

haha rich i love cheese but never have seen that land o lakes or any american other than the sammich slices junk

Comment

Working...
                                X