Regular Mayo or Miracle Whip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definately Mayo.

Makes the best gilled cheese guranteed. Grandma taught me how to spread it on the outside, and toast it in a dry cast iron pan!
    "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

I suppose sometime in a past life, I may have tried Miracle Whip. I figure as long as they make mayonnaise (Hellman's), that's what I'll use.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy View Post
        Definately Mayo.

Makes the best gilled cheese guranteed. Grandma taught me how to spread it on the outside, and toast it in a dry cast iron pan!
        Ain't never heard of that...Granny got a great idea! On for that...
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Definately Mayo.

That's what I do, with some dried herbs sprinkled on. Just don't use too much mayo or it gets soggy.
          "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Hellmans all the way.
            Chargriller Pro w. sfb
            Ducane 4100 propane grill
            Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

As a kid growing up there was always MW in the fridge. I couldn't eat it or anything made with it. Did not know any better and so thought I hated mayonnaise. Years go by, I'm out of the parents house and figure I'll try some mayo as ones tastes do change. LOVED IT!!! So I then went over to my mothers house and punched her in the shoulder for serving up that nasty crap when I was a kid!

Comment

On the Best Foods label it says “ known as Helmans east of the Rockies” in small print. Assuming it says the same thing on the Helmans label (only backwards).
                Ohhh and its Best Foods all the way. MW doesn’t have a place in my fridge!!
                Always make grilled cheese by grilling the inside of the bread first using mayo…then make your sammy and grill the outsides using butter. Bread doesn’t get soggy this way.

Comment

Definately Mayo.

Hot damn! Now, I always used butter on the bread in a dry cast iron pan... that sounds great!

On Edit: Okay, I just got smacked in da' head DAMN LOUIE, dat hurt! Seems da mrs been doin' dat behind me back... I'm em-bare-assed.
                  Last edited by HawgHeaven; 03-31-2011, 07:37 PM.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                    Hot damn! Now, I always used butter on the bread in a dry cast iron pan... that sounds great!
                    Us'ns here dood the same...Cat Daddy & Mo on it!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I grew up being fed MW, but now my wife hates it so I usually have mayo-lite. I'm still ok with either though.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                        Trouble maker
                        I'll help you out with the first Miracal Whip
                        Oh...this cant be good....

Comment

if it aint "dukes", it aint mayo...

I grew up with MW, never liked it. then i tried hellmans, it is okay for mayo in a pinch. nut for the really good stuff i reach for the dukes.
                          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Kraft makes a decent chipotle mayo. It comes in a squeeze bottle only though. Think they make some other flavors too but haven't tried any of them.
                            There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

I grew up using both. Depends on what it is being used for diffrent recipes.
                              4 UDS, 80 gallon horizantal, 2 weber kettles, and a gas vertical smoker.

Addicted to smoking!

Comment

If you like Mayo on your grilled cheese, , ,try grilling your hamburger buns cut side with Mayo. It's my secret weapon. It's the egg, , ,browns really quick so don't walk away.
                                JT

Comment

Working...
                                X