Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okra lovers...pay attention...Bacon wrapped smoked okra...Mmmmm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okra lovers...pay attention...Bacon wrapped smoked okra...Mmmmm...

Well Sunday was my sons 22nd B-day...Mamma asked him what he wanted for supper...His menu was fried chicken, taters and gravy, fried okra, and bacon......Sounds good to me but there is no way we are frying chicken and okra for the same meal...Nope...No way...Soooo we came to a compromise that seemed to satisfy the boy just fine...After all its his day

We start with 28 fresh medium sized okra...The bigger ones are just too seedy and the smaller ones I saved for a hot grill...Half slice ov bacon to each okra outta make everyone happy...
    Wrapped and ready...

We played around with the little brinkman for this one...Gave me more freedom to be inside frying the chicken...Oh yeah...

"Off the smoker and onto a platter...All of you!"...Yes I sometimes talk to my food

And plated with some wings and spuds...

Life is good....
    Craig
    sigpic

Awesome.........I have never grown it,but me neighbor did this year....Had me first fried okra southern style at Jack daniels comp last year...Was little okra and tasted awesome...

Comment

The small ones are the best for sure and frying is the best way to enjoy them...We just dont fry too much these days...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

They look really good Craiger..... I don't know if I have even ever had Oprah, but its gotta be good bacon wrapped & smoked
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          I don't know if I have even ever had Oprah
          Leave me girl outta this....

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            They look really good Craiger..... I don't know if I have even ever had Oprah, but its gotta be good bacon wrapped & smoked
            Fish if you had Oprah I think you'd know it!
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Man...I can get jacked up on that! Oprah...stalls at the Buffet Line!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

A good different idea...that as usual leads to other new ideas.

Excellent idea and work Sir!
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Take a lotta bacon to wrap Oprah...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                    Take a lotta bacon to wrap Oprah...
                    Is that Oprah Wrapfree?
                    Mark
                    sigpic

Comment

Grew me some okra this year. Fried okra is the sheet! Whatcha got right there sir looks very interesting.

Comment

Great idea. Haven't had Okra since we lived in Tx. Love the stuff. Used to pound it down at Lubys cafe. You know, the place where senior's go to eat cuz it helps everything "slide out" easier

Would you call these then, OBT's??? I can see being stuffed with sausage. Wonder how that combo would do
                        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Pickled Okra is the bomb as well.
                          "Intelligence is something we are born with. BBQ’ing is a skill that must be learned"

http://www.youtube.com/user/ectorgarcia?feature=mhee

Follow My BBQ Team On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fat-A...04098269604777sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ecto1 View Post
                            If I can find it at the veggie stand, I'm on it..... I have also heard pickled Okra is awesome.... Thanks for bringing that up

I am in a OFZ now..... Oprah Free Zone
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ecto1 View Post
                              Whoa...I cant do the pickled...or boiled...I just cant...
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X