No announcement yet.

Go WINGS- NHL Playoff comment thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class is excused....Again! Wings continue to prove themselves,another awesome execution of a pefect hockey game! Pens showed some effort halfway through the first period. Other than that, they were lost and way behind. Their only goal was on a weak penalty call and a goal of of Stuart.

Crosby showed again why he is way overrated, crappy passes, cheap shots on the wings after the puck was gone, and continued whining after the play!

If the pens don't learn how to score without miss cindy or Malkin, they'll never get to game 5.

GO WINGS!!!
    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

• Was at work tonight. Missed the game, kind of glad I did. Down two cases of beer. They better get it together....Geez....You called it Capt Dan.
      Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

• I think the Pens are getting a lot of good chances to score but not finishing. I'd like to see that tightened up a bit. No question Ozzie has been the difference in the series so far.
        sigpic

GOSM/propane
        UDS (Cam)/lump
        22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
        Weber Genesis/propane
        Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

• Ozzy has been typical playoff Ozzy for sure! I wish he would leave the pucks behind the net alone when his defensive guys are right there on it. He makes bad passes and almost ended up with another goal last night because of it.

I think the major difference so far in this series is experience and determination. The pens are riding on a wave of media hype, and being from the eastern conference, they don't play the caliber of teams the west has.
          If you watch the games so far you'll see pen players lining up to get the best hits while the Wings are concentrating on the puck and the next play. Wings are getting hit alot, but they are also dodging most of the big hits and making great passes and shots while the pens are just looking to hit someone. To win a hockey game, you have to have goals, you get no pionts for hits. I'm not saying that ther should be less hits, hell I love it, so do the fans, but when the pens appear to be obsessed with hitting instead of shooting the puck, its gonna be an uphill battle for them, especially against a tactical team like the wings!

I think we will see a closer game on tuesday, I expect the wings to lose at least one in pitt. I wish I would have picked wings in 5-6 instead of 7. I fell for the media hype myself I guess.
          I did hear an interesting stat last night during the game, when leading the finals series 2-0 the leading team has gone on to win the cup 38 of 39 times.

GO WINGS!!!
          Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Comment

• Working evenings now so I am missing the games...Trying to find some hope for the pens....I hope the wings don't bring the broom out and .....
            Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

• There won't be any brooms, The league will see to that.

DETROIT (AP) - Pittsburgh star Evgeni Malkin won't be suspended for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals despite drawing an instigator penalty in the final 19 seconds of the Penguins' 3-1 loss to Detroit in Game 2 on Sunday night.

Henrik Zetterberg and Evgeni Malkin duke it out in the final minute of Game 2. (Carlos Osorio / Associated Press)
              Under NHL rules, any player drawing an instigating penalty in the final five minutes is to be suspended for the next game, but the rule allows some flexibility depending on the circumstances.

"None of the criteria in this rule applied in this situation," NHL director of hockey operations Colin Campbell said in a statement issued by the league. "Suspensions are applied under this rule when a team attempts to send a message in the last five minutes by having a player instigate a fight. A suspension could also be applied when a player seeks retribution for a prior incident. Neither was the case here and therefore the one game suspension is rescinded."

Malkin, who leads playoff scorers with 30 points, scored Pittsburgh's only goal in Game 2.

LOL, all I can do is laugh.

If one of the Wings players did that, I would bet they would be sitting on the bench on tuesday!

hehehe, thay can change the rules all they want. The best team will win!

I don't want them to bench Malkin, I want them to let the teams play good and fair hockey all series long!
              Last edited by Capt Dan; 06-01-2009, 03:53 PM.
              Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                I don't want them to bench Malkin, I want them to let the teams play good and fair hockey all series long!
                I don't either. It's more fun watching him get pissed off because he's not good enough to get by Zetterberg or Lindstrom
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

• I guess we'll see how many times VS mentions the word Crosby on tuesday. A buddy of mine kept track last night....................75 times hehehe.
                  Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Comment

• For the pen fans who say the refs are not in their corner of the world.
                    Remeber that slashing penalty on hossa that led to the pens only goal(after stuart actually hit it past Ozzy LOL)

Can you tell me where the slash is....did Hossa's skate slash the stick in half hehehe!
                    http://www.kuklaskorner.com/images/uploads/hossa.gif
                    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Comment

• You know I love the Wings, and I love you guys...

here check this out for your next hockey party...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...cat1_gallery_7

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                        Can you tell me where the slash is....did Hossa's skate slash the stick in half hehehe!
                        http://www.kuklaskorner.com/images/uploads/hossa.gif
                        Wow... well, lookie there...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

• And these NBC broadcasters, whose names I'm not familiar with, making comments on how the Wings interfere regularly and the bald guy who sits between the 2 benches is so sure the Pens are going to win this I wonder if he is even watching the game at all.

The fact is the refs are so far letting them play and only calling blatant penalties on both sides. With the Pens being the young talented team that they are billed to be you'd think they would thrive. Instead they're whining. I hope the games continue to be called they way they have and the best team wins. We'll see but I suspect to see a parade of Wings to the box tonite.
                          sigpic

GOSM/propane
                          UDS (Cam)/lump
                          22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                          Weber Genesis/propane
                          Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

• Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
                            And these NBC broadcasters, whose names I'm not familiar with, making comments on how the Wings interfere regularly and the bald guy who sits between the 2 benches is so sure the Pens are going to win this I wonder if he is even watching the game at all.

The fact is the refs are so far letting them play and only calling blatant penalties on both sides. With the Pens being the young talented team that they are billed to be you'd think they would thrive. Instead they're whining. I hope the games continue to be called they way they have and the best team wins. We'll see but I suspect to see a parade of Wings to the box tonite.

I tend to agree with you here Lou...
                            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                              I tend to agree with you here Lou...
                              Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
                              We'll see but I suspect to see a parade of Wings to the box tonite.
                              Sigh... and hockey is NOT a game played well on eggshells. The Wings are going to have to be careful, but cannot just let the Pens take control. I hope it's not gonna be that bad, but I'd hate to see a game where the refs are gonna control the outcome. Well, any more than they usually do anyway...

Comment

• well, according to the media, the NHL isn't happy with the"let em play" type of games we have had so far this series, and have instructed the officials to watch it a bit closer!

LOL, anyone wanna borrow my crystal ball. I swear, if there was any way they could just hand the cup to the pens, I think they would. I am losing alot of respect for the NHL these days.

I'm not worried about the outcome of the stanley cup finals, I think realistic hockey fans know who will win it, but will the league continue to make exceptions, change rules, and tilt the ice for the benifit of the pens. Its gonna bite them in the ass!
                                Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Comment

Working...
                                X