No announcement yet.

Kentucky Fire Crackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, that looks right!! I am definately gonna give it a whirl.

I might even try to make them a little soggy to smoke/bake.

Comment

If you guys make them definatly make them at least a day before you eat them or more cause they arent that great right away I think the ranch powder needs time to taste right.

Comment

Just made a batch! Definitely addicting... Not greasy, not soggy, just mighty good! The whole family loves em. The next batch will get hit with smoke to see if I can put them over the top. Thanks Gary. This one is going to become a staple around here.
        sigpic

Whoa O Black Betty Bam-Ba-Lam!

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
          Trust me guys these don't need to be baked
          However...a little smoke may do the trick...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ron V View Post
            Just made a batch! Definitely addicting... Not greasy, not soggy, just mighty good! The whole family loves em. The next batch will get hit with smoke to see if I can put them over the top. Thanks Gary. This one is going to become a staple around here.
            Cool glad you like them too! they will be better tomorrow if theres any left

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            However...a little smoke may do the trick...
            Prolly be good

Comment

Sorry no pics but it really happened...

I mixed them up yesterday morning and took them to a get together last night so probly 9 hrs to rest...they were a big hit probly repeated the recipe 10 times as they kept diving into the bowl until it was empty, so I don't know how they are the next day
              Heat level was good for all the people

This is on my appy list for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Checkered Past View Post
                Sorry no pics but it really happened...

I mixed them up yesterday morning and took them to a get together last night so probly 9 hrs to rest...they were a big hit probly repeated the recipe 10 times as they kept diving into the bowl until it was empty, so I don't know how they are the next day
                Heat level was good for all the people

This is on my appy list for sure
                Cool lol glad you all liked em, i have a batch that four days old and they are killer

Comment

I just made a batch of these with oyster crackers instead of saltines, tasted a few and they are quite good. I cant wait until tomorrow to try them after they have sat for a day.

Points!
                  Brad

UDS
                  Weber spirit
                  Weber kettle
                  Ultrafast Black Thermapen

KCBS CBJ

Comment

Thanks again for posting this. I made some Saturday so I could have them for the games yesterday. They are excellent.

My kids loved them as well. My 8 year old said, "Dad, we don't have to buy chips anymore, just make these."

I had some more today and they are still in great shape and a nice crisp.
                    Pete
                    Large BGE
                    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

I'm glad you guys are liking them, good to have a new snack.

Sent from my Infuse 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Made a double batch of these using oyster crackers for a party we had at my house last weekend. I had to print 7 copies of the recipe out for people that wanted it. Thanks again!
                        Brad

UDS
                        Weber spirit
                        Weber kettle
                        Ultrafast Black Thermapen

KCBS CBJ

Comment

I really like that idea, but I would bake them again, just to see what happens. I've done the oyster cracker gig with the ranch dressing mix before and they are pretty good. Thanks for sharing. I've heard that music before.

Comment

Originally posted by Fired Up View Post
                            Made a double batch of these using oyster crackers for a party we had at my house last weekend. I had to print 7 copies of the recipe out for people that wanted it. Thanks again!
                            Cool idea with the oyster crackers, thats too cool that many people wanted the recipe

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                            I really like that idea, but I would bake them again, just to see what happens. I've done the oyster cracker gig with the ranch dressing mix before and they are pretty good. Thanks for sharing. I've heard that music before.
                            Damn you and baking them haha you try them straight up first before you go trying to improve n chit girl!

Comment

Gary you crack me up bro! How do you come up with this stuff. I'm gonna try it with un-salted cracker and prbably bake em in the cooker to dry-em.

You got the brains for makin great thangs!
                              Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                              Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                              SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                              Yoder Wichita
                              Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                              Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                              Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                                Gary you crack me up bro! How do you come up with this stuff. I'm gonna try it with un-salted cracker and prbably bake em in the cooker to dry-em.

You got the brains for makin great thangs!
                                Lmfao thanks but it aint my creation or my video

Comment

Working...
                                X