Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one disturbed by the Lance Armstrong deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one disturbed by the Lance Armstrong deal?

I am really pissed off and don't blame Lance Armstrong one bit for saying Fuck it, I'm through with this nonsense.

The amount of scrutiny this guy has had to endure is beyond reasonable...I think he is an incredible athlete and kicked the world's ass up those damn mountains, and has turned his fame into an incredible organization for good.

I don't get it, because I have already seen sports headlines about what a loser and cheater he is...he isn't one of those guys that I look at with contempt and animosity. But he is in a situation that he just can't win...they are on a mission to disgrace him and won't stop...I don't blame him for not playing along.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

I agree! It was an American Tax dollar funded witch hunt! How does an American organization strip medals from an event in Europe? Can someone please explain that to me...
    sigpic

Whoa O Black Betty Bam-Ba-Lam!

Comment

i don't know if he did or didn't - not interested enough to really care, so maybe that gives me an objective opinion on the matter. having heard directly from the source about the evidence against him, and his (lack of) defense, i'd say it is pretty compelling, and "giving up" was his only real option that still allowed him to "appear" innocent - but whatever. only God and lance armstrong will ever know the truth, so i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. as i said, my level of interest is zero, so it's no skin off my nose either way.

what really disturbs me personally is that his name didn't mean enough to him to fight for it - where i'm from, that's important, as when you strip it down, your name (character, reputation etc.) is all you got. he's done a lot of good work with cancer, etc., but now this is what he will be remembered for.
      Last edited by TasunkaWitko; 08-24-2012, 10:22 PM.
      Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
      Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

He was set up by a proven liar - his good buddy Floyd
        You can hear the railroad whistle blowing loud and clear
        Scarbelly

Comment

Given all the testing that the Tour de France participants went through, I find it very hard to believe that a couple of accusations could take him down. As far as I am concerned, he will always be a Champion.

And his only mistake in life IMNSHO was dating Sheryl Crow.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
          Paul

Comment

I barely care. Kudo's to LA for beating cancer, for riding like a madman and doing what he did. I find it hard to believe it was a total witch hunt, but in the end I'm sure he thought long and hard about it and decided what he decided. I don't think the consequences were a surprise to him.

I find it hard to believe that a guy who's innocent would give up that easily. He's no ordinary guy, doing what he did, juiced or not juiced.

But he threw in the towel. If he cheated, he doesn't deserve a medal no matter what he meant to anyone or everyone. If he didn't, he gave up on the fight and who am I to second guess him.

Just my 2 cents.
            New Braunfels Black Diamond
            18.5" WSM
            Weber Performer Deluxe Black
            18.5 Weber Kettle
            22.5 Weber Kettle
            Maverick ET732
            6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

and, a little humour ~

Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
              Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                And his only mistake in life IMNSHO was dating Sheryl Crow.
                But All He Wanted to Do Was Have Some Fun...I Got A Feeling He's Not The Only One
                There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
                  I find it hard to believe that a guy who's innocent would give up that easily. He's no ordinary guy, doing what he did, juiced or not juiced.

But he threw in the towel. If he cheated, he doesn't deserve a medal no matter what he meant to anyone or everyone. If he didn't, he gave up on the fight and who am I to second guess him.

Just my 2 cents.
                  From everything I read, he has already spent nearly a million $ defending himself and decided enough was enough
                  Scarbelly

Comment

I doubt verry much he was a drug cheat on all 7 occasions given the scrutiny they go through.
                    To my knowledge there was no hard evidence either way and I recon he's got the wrong end of the stick.
                    What happened to innocent until proven guilty.
                    He's also right that the American sport drug mob can't take away his wins, it's a French race run by a French body, only they can dethrone him if they find him guilty, for me he's still a champion whatever those bozos and their kangaroo court decision was
                    sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Originally posted by dales133 View Post
                      I doubt verry much he was a drug cheat on all 7 occasions given the scrutiny they go through.
                      To my knowledge there was no hard evidence either way and I recon he's got the wrong end of the stick.
                      What happened to innocent until proven guilty.
                      He's also right that the American sport drug mob can't take away his wins, it's a French race run by a French body, only they can dethrone him if they find him guilty, for me he's still a champion whatever those bozos and their kangaroo court decision was
                      10-4 Eleanor!!!

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
                        But All He Wanted to Do Was Have Some Fun...I Got A Feeling He's Not The Only One
                        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

whad I miss ?
                          Thought he retired a few years back ?
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

A kangaroo court happened. Decided to prosecute him for steroids , he got sick of fighting it so they considered that an admition of guilt
                            sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

I think they made him bring his own lubricant.
                              Mark
                              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                              X