New Smoker.............Overdue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Smoker.............Overdue

Ordered a new Yoder Durango March 11. Sales guy told me 4-5 weeks lead time to get my unit. Checked in at the 3 week mark with an email. Said it was in the "que" but couldn't give me any more info than that. Checked in at 4 weeks with a phone call, said he couldn't give me a ship date because his computer only lets him see 5 days in advance and it wasn't scheduled to ship that week. Past the five week mark, haven't heard from them. Sent an email checking for a ship date. Get an email back saying will be sometime at the end of the month exact date unavailable. At this point I'm paid in full. Unit and shipping. Have no recourse. End of the month if it arrives, will be 7 weeks.

I own a manufacturing company (small cabinet company). If I give someone a 4-5 week lead time, we do what we say we are going to do, never sacrifice quality, but work evenings and weekends if needed to get product delivered.

At this point I feel that I'm getting the run around from the sales guy. If he would tell me look, we got behind, we are trying to get dug out. I checked on you smoker it is being built right now. We will ship your unit next Monday. I would be more understanding. They won't give me any solid information other than they will get it out as soon as it is ready.

Frustrated!!! Has anyone else had issues like I'm having with this company.

Thanks Chad

Yoder is a top notch company to deal with...Im sorry they aren't meeting your expectations...I understand your point of view completely...
    But the smoker they are building you will make it all worth the wait...
    I wish they were building one for me
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

simply stated...that sux...i'm in the airplane business & we have droid phones & update our customers with the progress of their airplane...if you overload your mockiing bird jay bird ass you will be out of business as my Dad beat in my head...
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

and...give it a serial number & give it a birth date...info...if you are behind in production...talk...best way to get your ballz busted without comm...
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I learned a long time ago. Tell folks the truth...they may not like what you are telling them,,,,but it is the truth and you can always remember it.

customers do not care about folks calling in sick or suppliers that forgot to ship. They care about themselves.

Communication from someone that has your money is an expectation that you should tell them that they are obligated to give you.

I preach this every day to my staff. Communication would re-solve half the bull-crap in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
            I learned a long time ago. Tell folks the truth...they may not like what you are telling them,,,,but it is the truth and you can always remember it.

customers do not care about folks calling in sick or suppliers that forgot to ship. They care about themselves.

Communication from someone that has your money is an expectation that you should tell them that they are obligated to give you.

I preach this every day to my staff. Communication would re-solve half the bull-crap in this world.

Amen. A happy customer tells one person. An unhappy customer tells 7. Own it. Fix it. Move on to the next fire

Comment

Yoder’s busy as all get-out... I know they have a big Aussie order in the works, and now Europe has a new distributor.

No excuses for them... they should be able to at least let ya know within a week or so I’d think...

But it’s a great unit... worth the wait IMO.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by strength_and_power View Post
                Amen. A happy customer tells one person. An unhappy customer tells 7. Own it. Fix it. Move on to the next fire
                Indeed, that is written in concrete somewhere...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Communication is lacking on their part. I think I will give them till next Monday afternoon to contact me or I will call. I just don't want this to drag out 8 or 9 weeks or even longer. I have to draw the line somewhere. I guess just not sure how long I should let it go before I ask for a refund and look elsewhere. Thanks Chad

Comment

hope it works out soon for ya!!!
                    get the Heat Management Plate???
                    ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
                    ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Originally posted by THUMPERRRR View Post
                      hope it works out soon for ya!!!
                      get the Heat Management Plate???
                      I did order it "Loaded" which comes with the Heat Management Plate. I hope things work out also and get to use it here pretty soon.

Thanks Chad

Comment

I find it interesting that Yoder didn't a have single Durango in stock, ready for simple modifications to meet customer request. Funny too that they are crazy busy with "large" orders but can't seem to have a single smoker ready in time to fulfill your order (that I presume you have paid in full). I wonder if those international customers paid for their order in full at time of contract.

Hopefully it will arrive soon. At least you have time to stock up on some good meat. Maybe some extra bags for a vac sealer!
                        sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

My unit shipped out yesterday and is scheduled to arrive on Friday. Just thought that I would update this post and let everyone know that Yoder did come through in the end.

One question. I have quite a lot of Oak and Maple splits. They are all testing around 24-27% moisture. They have been down for about two years and in a pile. What are your thoughts of throwing some into the cooking chamber when I season this thing to dry them out a little more? Anyone done this? Or should I just preheat them and burn them at the 24-27%. Thanks for the help.

Chad

Comment

Congrats on the Yoder!
                            I have no idea what moisture my wood is at...But two years is more than enough time to season wood...
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

25% is fine for splits. Toss in some green stuff....

Glad to hear it’s on the way! Welcome fellow woodchucker!

Comment

Working...
                              X