Official NHL playoff thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
    true dat... unfortunately here in Cali, they Fly that flag over OUR flag... it should be against the law... just saying...
    Actually it IS against the law. Just not enforced.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Back in the day, we did not wear the dark jerseys at home, it still confuses me actually (insert blonde thingy)... and you see... this is why I can't stand Canadian teams.... how classless... I read an article about an American boys hockey team going to play in CA and they booed them and threw things at the bus as the BOYS got off the bus at the venue... REALLY? little BOYS? I would never boo the CA anthem... never. That SUX ... hummmm... need I ask?
      Where is Lord Stanley's Cup? ..... (here is my disclamer for my Canadian brothers here, I am confident you would not behave like this, so don't flame me, I love you guys!)
      I hear you and I personally think it is APPALLING. Having said that don't for one minute think that it only happens in Canada. I was at a game In Tampa and personally witnessed a fellow remain sitting and talking on his phone during our anthem (yes it was a Canucks game) but berated my colleague (who was American) for leaving on his hat during the US anthem. I was at the finals in '94 at MSG in New York and was physically assaulted for cheering a Canuck goal in that game, Granted it was NY but still .... Also,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ory?id=2445206

BTW, Congrats on your win last night. If the 'Nucks can't figure out your PP this series will be over in 2 more games.
      Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
      GOSM x 2
      Vermont Casting Grill
      Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Actually it IS against the law. Just not enforced.
        Really? I am not knowing....
        Originally posted by Dionysus View Post
        I hear you and I personally think it is APPALLING. Having said that don't for one minute think that it only happens in Canada. I was at a game In Tampa and personally witnessed a fellow remain sitting and talking on his phone during our anthem (yes it was a Canucks game) but berated my colleague (who was American) for leaving on his hat during the US anthem. I was at the finals in '94 at MSG in New York and was physically assaulted for cheering a Canuck goal in that game, Granted it was NY but still .... Also,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ory?id=2445206

BTW, Congrats on your win last night. If the 'Nucks can't figure out your PP this series will be over in 2 more games.
        I hear you Ron, I also berate my fellow Americans for the same disrespect... fortunately for me, the sport I actually get to the most now (NASCAR) you can get your ass whipped pretty bad for showing that kind of disrespect.. so one loud mouth blonde ratting ya out in a group of the good old boys works well! :)
        I hate the fact that the fans have IMHO, have really taken away from this wonderful sport. Its rich with history, gentlemans agreements, and incredible moments like no other sport.. who trades a guy after 21 years just so he can win a championship with another team? Many of the things that made hockey so special, have changed throughout the years.. sadly including the fans. I pointed out to Cabana boy last night, "look, look at the fans at Staples center", you watch a Detroit game EVERYONE is wearing RED.. the only way you could tell it was a playoff game was because they sold out and sold standng room only tix... fairweather fans, I would bet over half the peeps there last night had never even been to a hockey game, sure the hell did not know what slashing was, and forget about asking them what a 2 line pass USED to be... shame.. I still can't figure how Masterbaitman is still in charge...
        Yes we did rock the PP last night! See ya tomorrow my friend!
        GO KINGS!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Brother called and asked if I wanted to go to the Caps game with him on Friday.....Other family coming to visit, had to say "no"....
          Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Really? I am not knowing....
            http://www.afa.org/members/uscode.asp
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
              Brother called and asked if I wanted to go to the Caps game with him on Friday.....Other family coming to visit, had to say "no"....
              Hopefully you will get another chance....If devils beat philly its caps vs pens in round two....

Comment

Hmmmmm, Did I hear something before about Winner Winner

The twins finally showed up tonight. 5, count em, 5 points in the 3rd period. All tied up heading home. Now we have a series !!!! See you back in Vancouver !!!
                Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                GOSM x 2
                Vermont Casting Grill

Comment

Originally posted by Dionysus View Post
                  Hmmmmm, Did I hear something before about Winner Winner

The twins finally showed up tonight. 5, count em, 5 points in the 3rd period. All tied up heading home. Now we have a series !!!! See you back in Vancouver !!!
                  You got it my friend! I hate "dump and chase" hockey... argh! not to mention half the 3rd period half the kings we on their arse's not on their skates.. I was confused a bit I thought I was watching a soccer game with all the "dives"... sheesh... you guys deserved that one!
                  Friday I will be driving.... it will be on the radio... much to the chagrin to everyone else in the car!
                  GO KINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    Thanks Sir Rich, but who enforces:

No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof:

Is that where my 2nd amendment right comes in? Can I shoot the bastard?

Comment

Damn pens....that game went on forever...just checked the score.
                      Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
                        Damn pens....that game went on forever...just checked the score.
                        I fell asleep in 3rd overtime....Cant believe philthy beat the devils so easy...

If craps win tonite its philthy and then hopefully the pens vs caps in conference final...

Comment

Whoooooooooo Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!

Experience was the difference tonight. Canucks showed why they have won 3 Division titles in the last 4 years. Total domination in every aspect of the game, pretty much from the opening whistle. 7 even strength goals, chasing BOTH LA goalies from the game (Quick was pulled after 4 and then was back in after 2 more against Ersberg), and the boys only gave up 1 power play goal tonight.

It’s off to LA with a chance to close out the series on Sunday … Go CANUCKS !!!!!

BTW, thanks Detroit for sending us Samuelsson. 2 more goals tonight to lead the playoffs with 7
                          Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                          GOSM x 2
                          Vermont Casting Grill

Comment

Congrats Red Wings 6-1 over the Yotes. Heading on to San Jose. Great game, total domination! Way to win on the road!

Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Congrats Wing Fans!
                              sigpic

Comment

When they play at that level no one can beat em.
                                sigpic

GOSM/propane
                                UDS (Cam)/lump
                                22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                                Weber Genesis/propane
                                Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Working...
                                X