Grass help needed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow - I Mean like WOW !

70 acres of some awesome looking deciduous woodland.
    Just to be venal - what's that cost in kentucky ? (I do some work for agricultural consultants so I've got some idea what it would cost over here, and we are talking - at least - high 6 figures)

So is the plan to eventually live there ? or just have it as a weekend retreat ?
    And are you planning on harvesting the wildlife or just enjoying walking around and giving stuff names ? (I'd do that, my dad would then probably shoot it and I'd cook it lol)

Keep the info coming though
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
      Wow - I Mean like WOW !

Just to be venal - what's that cost in kentucky ? (I do some work for agricultural consultants so I've got some idea what it would cost over here, and we are talking - at least - high 6 figures)
      I too am curious of the price per acre in Kentucky. Here in Wisconsin, particularly Buffalo/Trempealeau counties the price per acre varies from $3500 to $5500 per acre depending on the timber. That 70 acres here would have cost between $245,000 and $385,000. Deer hunting is really huge around here and it has driven up the price of woodland.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
        Is the still hiden behind the trailer?
        You will NEVER find the still, and you'll probably get lost looking

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
        Wow - I Mean like WOW !

So is the plan to eventually live there ? or just have it as a weekend retreat ?
        And are you planning on harvesting the wildlife or just enjoying walking around and giving stuff names ? (I'd do that, my dad would then probably shoot it and I'd cook it lol)

Keep the info coming though
        Originally posted by Jimr View Post
        I too am curious of the price per acre in Kentucky. Here in Wisconsin, particularly Buffalo/Trempealeau counties the price per acre varies from $3500 to $5500 per acre depending on the timber. That 70 acres here would have cost between $245,000 and $385,000. Deer hunting is really huge around here and it has driven up the price of woodland.
        As everywhere, land price varies across Kentucky. In the Central Bluegrass area, which is pretty much Lexington and the surrounding counties, it is high dollar. My wicked aunt just listed my Grandmother's old farm which is right in the heart of the Bluegrass. It's a great little farm and where I grew up, but needs a LOT of clean up. There is no house, several old run down barns, a run-down mobile home...25 acres for $200,000...that’s $8,000 an acre I do not believe it will ever sell for that much but there’s a horse farm right across the road that has been eyeing it for 10 years or more…

Now, the area where my farm is located is different. It’s Eastern Kentucky and mountains. The mountain land is cheaper…the flat land is what is expensive there because there isn’t much. Currently in the same county there are 2 listings for land. One is 28 acres for $155,000 ($5535 an acre), the other 120 acres for $180,000 ($1500 per acre). Having said that, I admit that we just got lucky.

The previous owner of our place was just ready to get rid of it. He bought it for a tax write off for his construction company 30 years ago, and probably hadn’t set foot on the place in over 20 years. We thought we were buying 84 acres and we got it for…wait, you might need to sit down…OK, are you ready…$400 an acre!! We had it surveyed after buying it and it is 70 acres. That comes out to $480 an acre. We haven’t told the previous owner yet but when we do he will more than likely refund some money or pay for the survey ($4000) as that was discussed prior to the purchase. All in all we are VERY happy with what we got for $33,600! It will be a weekend retreat for now and a place to retire. Andy is chomping at the bit to build. There is no city water in the area so we have some things to work out, but we do have several small ponds and springs. We are not hunters and will not be allowing hunting. I have nothing against those who do hunt but it's just not for us.

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Just looking at the pics you've posted with the wooded area plus little openings along with the springs and creek your property up here would have sold for over $350,000. Up here the hunters are looking for hunting land and the tillable land is selling for a whole lot less.

I can understand your opinion on not hunting but you should consider leasing to a small group of select hunters just to pay your property taxes. Up here your 70 acres would lease for anywhere from $3500 to $5000 per year. Just a thought.....I guess I don't know what hunting pressure there is in Kentucky but in Wisconsin come the middle of November your best neighbor could suddenly become your worst enemy just because of a set of antlers!!! I have totally lost my urge to hunt because of it.

Comment

Nice looking spread there Becky! Lots of artisan wells in eastern KY and with that water running down the rock your property might be a candidate. Did you buy a banjo yet???????????
            sigpic

GOSM/propane
            UDS (Cam)/lump
            22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
            Weber Genesis/propane
            Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Just looking at the pics you've posted with the wooded area plus little openings along with the springs and creek your property up here would have sold for over $350,000.
              That's amazing!!

... you should consider leasing to a small group of select hunters just to pay your property taxes. Up here your 70 acres would lease for anywhere from $3500 to $5000 per year. Just a thought.....
              Would you believe that our property taxes are only going to be about 80 bucks?

Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
              Nice looking spread there Becky! Lots of artisan wells in eastern KY and with that water running down the rock your property might be a candidate. Did you buy a banjo yet???????????
              Thanks, Lou! Yes, we've thought about digging a well but that is a long way down the road. No banjo yet, but we do have guitars!

4 weeks after sowing...and it was time to mow this weekend!

Also saw this guy/girl yesterday near the barn when we were on the way out. I was sitting in the truck about 25 feet away and it still scared the crap out of me!!! I kid you not, it was about 5 feet long!!

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
              Pink Thermapen
              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Yep, plenty of those in Eastern Ky as well. I hate snakes.
                sigpic

GOSM/propane
                UDS (Cam)/lump
                22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                Weber Genesis/propane
                Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Working...
                X