Grateful Dave's Grateful Garden 2011!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grateful Dave's Grateful Garden 2011!

Things are looking good so far. We moved the garden to a more sunny spot in the yard this year giving up a bit of our view and running space, but it has turned out to be a major benefit!

This is a dill patch that came up in the last garden patch. This was all volunteer as we did not plant this since lt season.

Here is our first harvest of the season. From the Hungarian hot pepper plant. We ate this one fresh off the vine. It was easy till we got to the seeds and flesh. Hot but really good. I like em hot.

To the right of the Hunky Pepper is a Grape tomato and then a reg cherry tom. Towards the back is a row of San Marzano tomato plants and the far rear is Tomatillos. Looking really good!

Zucchini rocking along.

This is a Cherokee Purple tomato that a friend gave me.

My first jalapeno doing it's thing.

Five basil plants for pesto and bruschetta.

Kindve an overall of Zucc and Cucumber plants.

Not mentioned in pics are 3 beefsteak tomatoes, and about 16 onion plants. 4 each of red and yellow bell pepper plants 4 jalapenos, and 4 "Satan's Kiss" cherry peppers as well. As mentioned, everything is looking good so far. Lots of sunlight this time. Going all organic.

Dave

I really like that beervine in the second picture. Where can I find the seeds for that.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Comment

Very Nice Dave!.... Way better than mine
      sigpic

Comment

Thats a nice garden you have going on, very nice and they look healthy as hell, what is the soil or on top of the soil it looks like compost stuff?

Comment

And that jalapeno will give up some japs! I have two and I cant believe how many peppers they have produced for me so far.

Comment

Things are looking like they are kicking ass so far, and for going organic!

I would pick the tips of your basil though, looks like it is about to flower.
            There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Great garden, Grate! ;{)

Love the Hunky Hots too... lotta flavor and heat!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                Thats a nice garden you have going on, very nice and they look healthy as hell, what is the soil or on top of the soil it looks like compost stuff?
                We put down grass clippings to keep the weeds and grass from filling in the empty space. Still have some cleaning up to do but it works really good.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                  And that jalapeno will give up some japs! I have two and I cant believe how many peppers they have produced for me so far.
                  We have 4 or 5 japs this year. plenty of fresh abt's and hoping to try my hand at pickling.

Dave

Comment

That will work... Looks like you will have a fine harvest..
                    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Very very nice! looks like you'll be busy in about a month.
                      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Great looking garden, Dave. Awesome.

My garden this year exists only in my imagination. Didn't get anything in.
                        Orchard Hill BBQ

Twin Chamber Rotisserie Trailer
                        Modified Chargriller RF
                        250 Gallon Homegrown Cooker

I THINK HIS SHIRT SAYS IT ALL

Comment

Lookin right nice!
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Good for you and the organic gig...By far the best way to go...

Looks to be a very good start
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow Dave, looking good bro!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X