Congrats to Capt N Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pix of the event, guys!
    My elbow is featured in Lee's video too! That was a great event and I'm very proud of Capt & Smoke! Way to go, guys! It was nice hanging with you when I could get away.
    I'll always remember the night Geoff and I spent in the Judging tent! ;)
    LMAO!
    ~Brian~
    GLBBQA Member KCBS Member and CBJ
    BBQ Jones Comp Team

Comment

hehehe, hope the judging was over before you guys climbed into bed!

Allot easier sleeping there than at Mt. Morris.
      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Thank you ALL for the cheers and support!

Here's the results... IMO, quite a shakeup- well, except for Extreme/Troy- that guy's a MACHINE! Quite a few teams I'm used to seeing up in the ranks were not there... and a team or two who are pretty new scored well! (Rich/iBq'in! Kudos, man!)

http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?year=2010&month=9&id=1995

Was a pretty darn impressive run, guys- I want to than Dan, Geoff and Lee for the good times and hard work. Made it all fun first- and satisfying second!
        Thanks Rich!

I had a great time and enjoyed watching the capt-n-smoke team take their walks.
        ________
        Body science
        Last edited by Rich Parker; 05-03-2011, 12:11 PM.
        WSM and UDS - iBQ'n BBQ Team co-founder TheBBQSuperstore.com

Comment

Congrats gang, looks like it was a fun time out there! Eventually I will catch up and meet more of you besides Rich.
          sigpic

Comment

What a handsome motley crew!
            I am so proud of you guys, I can't even put it into words.
            We need to contact BBQ Pitmasters and have em do a show with all of us competing against each other, now that would make for some damn good T.V.!
            I am confident I can speak for my team, I know we would give our left ... to be able to be at the same venue with you all.
            The pix of the turn in's are beautiful, the lava lamp.. GOL! the flag on the lang, damn brought tears to my eyes!
            You guys are eventually gonna make the Jack! CONGRATS!!! MUAH, from the So Cal!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Now that would be a great time if we all could all compete somewhere in central USA. Cmon someone win the lottery and set this up. Oh what a party that would be.. After this last comp I/we thought that was it for the year, but there is another coming up on the 24th/25th. Dan and Geoff decided they would like one for the road this year, but me, My daughter is due with the 3rd. grandbaby really any time now as the due date is about three weeks, so I'm still undecided but would love to attend with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                Now that would be a great time if we all could all compete somewhere in central USA. Cmon someone win the lottery and set this up. Oh what a party that would be.. After this last comp I/we thought that was it for the year, but there is another coming up on the 24th/25th. Dan and Geoff decided they would like one for the road this year, but me, My daughter is due with the 3rd. grandbaby really any time now as the due date is about three weeks, so I'm still undecided but would love to attend with the team.
                First, many, many thx guys and gals. I gotta tell ya, one of the finest summers I've had. Cant say enough about cookin with those "yahoos" Lee, Rich, and Dan. Damn ........... what a summer it was. From Eagle, MI to Silver Lake. ...... and now Sparta!!!! We all learned alot from each other, but the biggest thing ...... we had fun doin it togther. And thats what its all about!

Has been (and will be) a great privledge guys!!!!

Geoff
                sigpic

Comment

Cmon someone win the lottery and set this up
                  I'm working on it
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                    ...We need to contact BBQ Pitmasters and have em do a show with all of us competing against each other, now that would make for some damn good T.V.!
                    I am confident I can speak for my team, I know we would give our left ... to be able to be at the same venue with you all...
                    I'll ditto that! What a farkin' blast that would be! Shoot, the Brethren does it, why not us?! And they're KCBS sanctioned to boot! All we need is a location, and sponsor money... easy, right?!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

All we need is a location, and sponsor money... easy, right?!
                      ...airfare, accomodation, some beer, vehicle hire, the loan of a decent smoker, some more beer, renew my passport (oops) :-)
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I'm pretty sure all you need to get a sanction from the KCBS is 15 teams. Not positive tho.
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          I'm pretty sure all you need to get a sanction from the KCBS is 15 teams. Not positive tho.
                          You are right. As a first time event, you need a minimum of 15 teams. After that, a min of 25 teams to be sanctioned (80% sure .....)
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X