pre-boiled meat before smoking....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gooose53 View Post
    I thought it was pretty well known that Rich boils his ribs before smoking.....
    sigpic
    Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
    Great Out doors grill
    Brinkman verticle
    And one great UDS
    Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Originally posted by Old poi dog View Post
      Hey Firemandan,

Living in the Philippines, you must be familiar with longanissa. Would you just happen to have a longanissa recipe to share? I'm looking for more of the Ilocos version. More garlic and vinegar than sweet.

sorry, sir....i dont have any longganisa recipe...i dont do longganisa...but i will try to give you a recipe for a good longganisa this coming week...not too sweet...i will ask for the recipe of a hometown longganisa favorite....

thank you for your advises, guys!

GOD bless you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Hmmm... I suppose... except the acid base is what helps the penetration into the meat. Salt will too... but then I'd call it a brine.
        how about a wine based marinade (now tries to think whether wine is acidic lol)
        Or an oil based marinade - won't necesarily penetrate the meat but the flavours will stick to the outside layer and gradually work their way in via osmosis.

And anyway half the mixtures you lot call brines are actually marinades

Oh yeah, I'm with whisky fish - post up the full recipe and pics FMD and we can make a far more educated assesment
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Well I have been reading all the threads and this one I found interesting. I dry marinade with rub, wrapped in 2 layers of film. The inside of the film is very wet when I unwrap to put them in the smoker. Don't know how far it penetrated. In Culinary Arts school many years a go we had a student whom marinated a lot and swore it penetrated up to 2 inches in just 12 hours. So we did an experiment with his marinade by adding a green dye to it and then cut the roast in half after 24 hours and it penetrated only 1/8 to 1/4 in is all. Don't know about vacuum marinating as it was not invented when we did the experiment.
          Lang 84 Deluxe
          Backwoods Pro Jr.
          2 WSM's
          Charbroil gasser

Comment

Working...
          X