Silver Lake KCBS Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post

Its ok to talk some smack if you can back it up, otherwise you come off looking like 30+ year old clown who lives in his parents basement.

...We have more then a few GC'S and need a bigger space for all the trophys and ribbons,but we still consider ourselves a young and learning team etc...Basement boy was way to cocky and it will be hard for him get any help with that attitude..It is nice when people recognize our name from success and say nice things at comps...I know many teams with 5 plus years competing that have never won and such and they are excellent pit masters etc...

I feel sad for that young lady,but at least she met some great guys like captain and smoke...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
      ...We have more then a few GC'S and need a bigger space for all the trophys and ribbons,but we still consider ourselves a young and learning team etc...It is nice when people recognize our name from success and say nice things at comps...I know many teams with 5 plus years competing that have never won and such...
      You are a class act my friend & an example of how it should be done.
      Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
        You are a class act my friend & an example of how it should be done.
        That may be stretching it a bit.....

Comment

I was talking to Dana from Big Poppas Kitchen last year in Sebring. He is almost always in the top ten (FBA) and won Team of the Year in FBA last year. Anyway he said it's a moving target, he as to pay close attention to what is beating him and adjust. What won everything in chicken last year is not what wins this year.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
            I was talking to Dana from Big Poppas Kitchen last year in Sebring. He is almost always in the top ten (FBA) and won Team of the Year in FBA last year. Anyway he said it's a moving target, he as to pay close attention to what is beating him and adjust. What won everything in chicken last year is not what wins this year.
            So true....We use a lot of custom ingredients and are constantly adjusting...

ONE thing many folk forget is as comp bbq has gotten big last few years is that MANY teams have now taken similiar comp classes from the big boys....

From talking and competing more then most with other good teams it is suprising how similiar the profiles and techniques are...We avoid that scenario....

At some comps i guarantee the judges can get 6 entries of same profile in a meat categorie...must be frustrating have judge same thing 6 times etc...

Comment

So it's good to be different, but not that different. Welll, I got the different part workin, just have to work on the not so part!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Well, we dint love the ribs, and the brisket was diassapointing. Pork was dang good. Chicken...eh... but nothing was hateful. they called 10 places for F*&^ sake. Just..dissapointing.
                Too bad, guys! Better luck next time.
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment