No announcement yet.

BBQ & Blues, September 9th & 10th, 2011, Charlotte NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's own fellas! WooHoo! Wishing you guys the best of luck! Kick some BBQ butt!

Comment

Thanks ALX and Mizzz Squirrel!!

Got the wings in on time and man they were tasty! Then we fired back up the big UDS after some great blues music and put the butts on at 12:15. They are cruzing along at 150* now.

Lets go prep the baby backs....

Pictures once I've slept in my bed!
      ~Phillip

"Okay Hunny, so my hobby is collecting other hobbies. Atleast I'm well rounded!"

Comment

Originally posted by bigun94 View Post
        I've been thinking the comp and here's a couple lists of items we'll need:

Consumables to Buy
        Kingsford Charcoal - (20lbs)
        Boston Butt - (40lbs)
        Pork Ribs - (5) racks
        Chicken Wings - ?
        BBQ Rub - Phil will make
        BBQ Sauce - James will make
        Aluminum Foil
        Paper Towels
        Ice
        Small Sample Cups
        Freezer Ziplocks

Gear to borrow
        UDS - Phil Ashley & Philip Thorne
        10' x 10' Canopy - Tom Anderson?
        Chairs - Each man
        Coolers - Each man
        Serving Pan and Warmers - ??
        Warming Cabinet - ??
        Work Tables - ??
        Knives - Each man
        Cutting Boards - Each man
        Thermometers - Each man
        Baking Pans - Each man
        Pot Rags - Each man

Take a look and let me know if you guys can think of anything else we'll need.
        Some of you are old pros so I'd really appreciate yall looking my list over for what i've over looked.
        You forgot BEER! Each man + one!

I know I'm late! Gettum!
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Sounds great so far....Best of Luck....

Comment

Wings were great! Ribs were good..little tough but good. Pulled pork was awesome!! I just hope the judges agree! We'll find out soon...

Updates and pictures after a shower and sleep that doesn't happen in a camping chair!
            ~Phillip

"Okay Hunny, so my hobby is collecting other hobbies. Atleast I'm well rounded!"

Comment

Bump....

Comment

well we finished 23rd in ribs and 32 in pulled pork. i thought our pork was a lot better than the ribs but our scores on the turn in box weren't good. looking at pics of it now i can see that i reckon. anyway we were above the middle on all entries so at least we're better than half the folks out there on our first try! that was the stated goal going into friday.

there are 50 some odd photos on face book no account needed to look:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8889280&type=1

here's a few highlights:

our setup. was pretty good we had practice setting it up 20' to the left for an hr our so, but all's good maybe next year they'll have the sites labeled

wing turn in box on friday just for shits and giggles. we went with a barbalo type sauce not too hot. they were great. we didn't get first and didn't get the results yet will post when i know where we were on the 20 some odd entries for this one

loading the buts on the smoker at midnight

saucing at the end of the 2-1-1 rib method thanks for the tutorial guys this is a great forum

Rib box turn in

ptt49er pulling the butt

our pulled pork turn in box

Rib scores

Butt Scores

Comment

Chit...half battle just competing...Big field and congrats....Food looks tasty...I been gettin judged at these deals for awhile and still get miffed.....

Comment

Nice job guys, looks really good
                    sigpic

Comment

Better than The middle of the road on your first comp, CONGRATS FELLAS !! pics look good, and looks like y'all had fun and that's the fire that drives the comp train.. Have fun. And way to go again..
                      Chad
                      3Cs BBQ Co.
                      Competition & Catering (Facebook & Twitter)
                      3Cs BBQ Shack
                      Roadside BBQ that Bites YOU Back !!
                      250 Gallon Homemade Offset Trailer (Ol Betsy)
                      2 Standard UDS
                      2 22.5 Weber Kettles

Comment

got the results yesterday and we finished 12th in wings. had about 25 entries i think so again right in the mid range.

i can't wait til next year.

i started searching out upcoming comps but decided i'd better build up some more marriage equity before doing another.

Comment

Ft Mill is coming up in a couple of weeks. You guys need to complete or at least come by and visit us.
                          www.nopigleftbehind.com
                          -----------------------------

Comment

When's the Fort Mill comp? May have to make a trip :-D
                            ~Phillip

Comment

took some googling but i think i found it philip

http://www.leroysprings.com/resource.../bbq_flyer.pdf

it's next weekend. i can't make it out we got a family reunion

Comment

Originally posted by bigun94 View Post
                                took some googling but i think i found it philip

http://www.leroysprings.com/resource.../bbq_flyer.pdf

it's next weekend. i can't make it out we got a family reunion
                                You should post this as a new thread in BBQ Cookoffs. Might be others that might try to swing it, or stop by.
                                Last edited by Mark R; 09-15-2011, 12:59 PM.
                                Mark
                                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                                X