No announcement yet.

4th Annual Eagle MI "Warm-up" cook!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely free-form- it's a practice cook. Altho there may be SOME money involved I hear now. But it's not a sanctioned comp. Stop in... :{)
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
      Well thats sounds good too. You can just call me Lee if ya like, it's much shorter and not so formal. Hehe
      I can call ya something with a short name................

Gotta start lookin for that disco ball for the upcoming season
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        I probably have to work on those days, but I'd love to check it out. Not sure how these things work, is it open only to competitors or could I stop in if I got a day off to see how things are run, meet some of you guys, and... oh i dunno, maybe sample some q ???
        That's how the sickness started for me.
        I was a Groupie for Dan and Rich in '09. Competed there last year and it was History after that....Good Guys, Good Times for sure.
        ~Brian~
        GLBBQA Member KCBS Member and CBJ
        BBQ Jones Comp Team

Comment

Eagle is only about an hour away for me so I hope to at least pull off a visit either Friday night or Sat morning. How many teams are you expecting?
          sigpic

GOSM/propane
          UDS (Cam)/lump
          22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
          Weber Genesis/propane
          Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
            Eagle is only about an hour away for me so I hope to at least pull off a visit either Friday night or Sat morning. How many teams are you expecting?
            usually between 1 and 2 dozen teams.
            Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Good luck everyone...Our first event of year is gonna be neat this year...Called Naked BBQ or something....No electrical devices..Gurus,stoker or cookers etc...Wood or charcaol only...You can use a probe for internal temp though...KCBS rules....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                Good luck everyone...Our first event of year is gonna be neat this year...Called Naked BBQ or something....No electrical devices..Gurus,stoker or cookers etc...Wood or charcaol only...You can use a probe for internal temp though...KCBS rules....
                Where's this one Alex?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                  Where's this one Alex?
                  Greencastle,pennsylvania which is 2 hours north of annapolis....Should be a blast...He is keeping it small to make sure he has 100% CBJ....

http://www.gonakedbbq.com/

Should be different...Some real good teams participating....

Comment

Ya gotta be neked though Pop. But you can still use your probe. Sounds like a great event ALX, the way it should be.

Where's this one Alex?

Comment

Good Luck gentlemen! Wish it was closer I know we would be there... argh

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Where's this one Alex?
                        Just 3 categories Phil...If you wanna hang and meat up for some party time........

It's april 2nd....Just a chance to cook and hang with folk...Entry fee is minimal etc....Not a sanctioned KCBS event....Just a early year deal to chig a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                          Just 3 categories Phil...If you wanna hang and meat up for some party time........

It's april 2nd....Just a chance to cook and hang with folk...Entry fee is minimal etc....Not a sanctioned KCBS event....Just a early year deal to chig a bit...
                          I was thinkin' of trying to enter it if I'm not too late... Love the entry fee, and the whole concept!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I was thinkin' of trying to enter it if I'm not too late... Love the entry fee, and the whole concept!
                            All bout fun and BBQ...You have problem with entry let us know brother.HAWG......We have our ways...LOL

Comment

Lockharts BBQ has generously become a prize money sponsor for this years event. Actual prize payouts will be announced a little later, but should be more than last year.

The Detroit Beer Co. will be sponsoring the potluck dinner! (free beer)

Please join the GLBBQA in thanking them for thier generousity and support.

This definately a laid back group.
                              Jerry

Hickory Grove BBQ Team

Inventor of the Original Double Stack Smoker

Member GLBBQA

Member KCBS and Certified Judge

Comment

Originally posted by jerry516planes View Post
                                Lockharts BBQ has generously become a prize money sponsor for this years event. Actual prize payouts will be announced a little later, but should be more than last year.

The Detroit Beer Co. will be sponsoring the potluck dinner! (free beer)

Please join the GLBBQA in thanking them for thier generousity and support.

This definately a laid back group.
                                Thank you, and Welcome to Smoked-Meat Jerry!

Sounds like the FQ (Fun Quotient) has been increased :{)
                                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                                X