Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The First Annual Smoked-Meat.com Forum Omaha Invitational Warmup Event!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys. I'm definitely not out of this. I do have to work on Saturday till maybe 4 or 5. So What I see working best for me would be to perhaps bring my smoker down sometime Saturday eve and probably not do any cooking until Sunday. In which case I could easily pull off some ribs and abt's at the least. Not sure If I would have time for a shoulder. Wu, what were you planning to cook? What does this sound like to you guys? Were you planning to eat big on Sat or Sun? If it doesn't work for everyone to hang out till Sun eve for dinner, then I can at the very least come by to meet and hang with you on Saturday. I would just have to participate by eating, and not cooking.
    Let me know what you guys think.

Dave

Comment

Just went back to the beginning of the thread. I see that this is a Friday-Saturday event. I can for sure make it down for dinner on Saturday but that is the best I can do. I'll be on overtime at work by then and so perhaps I can get them to let me out a bit earlier than 4. Don't change any plans for me. I'll just plan on coming by asap on Saturday.

Dave

Comment

no worries buddy. glad you can show up for at least part of it. just bring some beer! lol

here's the general run-down for now:

2:30 or so on friday, we get the smokers hauled over from wu's place to mine and get them set up.

4:30-7, we start eating the :quicker" meats... burgers, brats, dogs, etc. for dinner. maybe some beans, ABT's, etc.

10 or so friday night, i throw on the brisket and get it rolling for saturday. we pull an all-nighter, binge drinking and screaming down the street "I am the other white meat".

11 PM, we pass out, the smoker flares up and re resort to McDonalds and Jimmy john's for breakfast. (just kidding about this part, in case you didn't know)

after a night of relaxation by the fire, yelling at the neighbor's dogs, and trying to devising ways of setting random objects ablaze, we will start putting the other foods on as required for lunch and dinner. the anticipated "turn in times" are merely tentative and are going to be around noon-2 and 4-6.

weather permitting, i'm planning on doing breakfast and everything too... only time (and my semi-sobriety) will tell.

Later,
        Andy
        Current babies:
        -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
        -RichTee's Lang :)
        Former Lineup:
        -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
        -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
        -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
        -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
        BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
          no worries buddy. glad you can show up for at least part of it. just bring some beer! lol

2:30 or so on friday, we get the smokers hauled over from wu's place to mine and get them set up.

4:30-7, we start eating the :quicker" meats... burgers, brats, dogs, etc. for dinner. maybe some beans, ABT's, etc.

10 or so friday night, i throw on the brisket and get it rolling for saturday. we pull an all-nighter, binge drinking and screaming down the street "I am the other white meat".

11 PM, we pass out, the smoker flares up and re resort to McDonalds and Jimmy john's for breakfast. (just kidding about this part, in case you didn't know)

after a night of relaxation by the fire, yelling at the neighbor's dogs, and trying to devising ways of setting random objects ablaze, we will start putting the other foods on as required for lunch and dinner. the anticipated "turn in times" are merely tentative and are going to be around noon-2 and 4-6.

weather permitting, i'm planning on doing breakfast and everything too... only time (and my semi-sobriety) will tell.

Later,
          Andy
          Careful andy. I know your neighborhood and "I am the other white meat" might stir up some action. Kidding. But seriously, pm me your address and any directions you think I might need. Include a phone # if you want. I will get off work as early as I can Saturday and come to meet up with you guys. Just hope I don't miss ALL of the fun.

Dave

Comment

No problem! Its been done. If anyone else needs directions, just give me a shout! Let me know where you're coming from and I'll get you around con/destruction.

Later,
            Andy
            Current babies:
            Former Lineup:
            -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)

Comment

Originally posted by GratefulDave View Post
              Wu, what were you planning to cook?
              I was plotting on a butt, a couple slabs of spares, some chicken. Then throwing in a fattie or two, and some sides. Sounds like we will have plenty to eat so come on down when you get off work.

Later,
              Andy
              I think that timeline sounds about right.
              KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Will see you guys on Saturday!

Dave

Comment

Damn, sounds like you guys are going to have a great time. Wish I could make it.

Take plenty of pics and have a couple cold ones for me.
                  Orchard Hill BBQ

Twin Chamber Rotisserie Trailer
                  Modified Chargriller RF
                  250 Gallon Homegrown Cooker

I THINK HIS SHIRT SAYS IT ALL

Comment

absolutely... i'll be sure to blame it on you. i can see the converstaion now:

"Andy, that's enough... you are done drinking."

"okay sweetie". "Kssshhhhh" as the next can opens.

"what did i just tell you?".

Don't worry my love... this one isn't mine. it's for my homeboy in Syracuse that couldn't make it. he said i had to have a couple for him too".

I appreciate the "requirement" buddy. lol.

don;t worry too... i want to try to get another one of these in the fall too... probably around the start of school. dunno yet... too far in advance to think about it. lol

Later,
                    Andy
                    Current babies:
                    Former Lineup:

Comment

That's great.

Let me know when in the fall and we'll see what is happening.

Enjoy!
                      Orchard Hill BBQ

Modified Chargriller RF

Comment

absolutely... i'll be sure to blame it on you. i can see the converstaion now:

"Andy, that's enough... you are done drinking."

"okay sweetie". "Kssshhhhh" as the next can opens.

"what did i just tell you?".

Don't worry my love... this one isn't mine. it's for my homeboy in Syracuse that couldn't make it. he said i had to have a couple for him too".

I appreciate the "requirement" buddy. lol.

don;t worry too... i want to try to get another one of these in the fall too... probably around the start of school. dunno yet... too far in advance to think about it. lol

Later,
                        Andy
                        Don't forget Major Updates, and possibly live streaming video......
                        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
                          Don't forget Major Updates, and possibly live streaming video......

I'll spacthcock that.
                          Orchard Hill BBQ

Modified Chargriller RF

Comment

Well, update #1... weather sucks and it was too cold for most people to come over. Adam's here and we did burgers and dogs for dinner. Turned out good... we are sitting in the garage now trying plan out tomorrow. A few kinks have been thrown into the works, but that's all part of the game.

Brisket is on... my thermometers are probe-less, so we are free-balling this one, but I'm confident in how my smoker will operate. I'll grab another probe or two tomorrow after light... hopefully.

Anyway, just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Later,
                            Andy
                            Current babies:
                            Former Lineup:

Comment

I AM SO BACK IN THIS!!!
                              Chef decided he did not want to pay me overtime for tomorrow so he told me to take the day off! I am in for the Ribs cook off and have something to smoke (in the smoker) that I bet few if any of us have tried yet. Also bringing some abt's. And of course...beer. I don't have a side dish as of now since I wasn't planning on getting in, but if we can make it happen, we will. My new intensions are to get to your place around 10 am so I can set up and plan to have ribs by 5 or 6. is this kosher with you guys? I'm a mad packin fool right now......

Dave

Comment

Where's the pix?

Weather kinda sucked. I cooked for the hospital week BBQ on Thursday/Friday. We set-up in dad's machine shed because it was supposed to rain and the cooker doesn't have paint on it yet.
                                Orchard Hill BBQ

Modified Chargriller RF

Comment

Working...
                                X