No announcement yet.

Our First Call!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job Phil...Someday I may hafta try a comp...Hope so...till then its just family and friends...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
      Good job Phil...Someday I may hafta try a comp...Hope so...till then its just family and friends...
      Once you try it, you'll be hooked!

Thanks again everyone!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Congratulations Phil, Great Job on the first time Comp...

Comment

Allright Phil.. A big congrats to you and your team. Theres that pesky .0004 again

Comment

Congrats, that's awesome

GOSM
            K.C.B.S Member # 60786
            Digital Thermometers
            Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
            140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Congrats, well done!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Major Update!!!

Here's a few pix of the turn in boxes... sorry, I thought we had briskie shots, butt no...

The chicken... we did cornish hen leg and thigh sections:

The ribs... there's actually six in there, the pic makes it look like three big ones:

The pork... we were shooting for the whole money muscle, but it broke when slicing, so this what was left of it:

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

On slices, ALWAYS keep "barq" side out, Phil. If you have that option anyway... bet you lost on appearance on the pork box. Grumble...
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    On slices, ALWAYS keep "barq" side out, Phil. If you have that option anyway... bet you lost on appearance on the pork box. Grumble...
                    Thanks Rich, I know that, but what we had to work with didn't allow it. Like I said, the money muscle fell apart.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Congrats on the call!
                      Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                        Thanks Rich, I know that, but what we had to work with didn't allow it. Like I said, the money muscle fell apart.
                        Mighta been better off turning in just pulled then. I hate it when you are forced to compromise, but it mighta been the thing to do in that case.
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Mighta been better off turning in just pulled then. I hate it when you are forced to compromise, but it mighta been the thing to do in that case.
                          Yeah maybe, looking back. At the moment, it was a huge panic when I went to slice it... What we wanted to do vaporized and we were under the gun. It tasted good though!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

CONGRATS ... ... ... ... ...

Comment

Hawg, awesome job. your boxes looked good to me. But, good advice sure comes from this site.
                              glad you did so well and got to walk up front and collect
                              sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                              nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Congrats, Phil.

That's awesome.

But I gotta know . . . did the Auber get to play?

Dave
                                CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                                UDS 1.0
                                Afterburner
                                Weber Performer
                                Blue Thermapen
                                Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                                Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                                Auber Smoker Controller
                                Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                                -
                                "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X