X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DDave View Post
    Congrats, Phil.

That's awesome.

But I gotta know . . . did the Auber get to play?

Dave
    Nope, never came outta the box... didn't need it actually. The WSMs were purring like kittens all night long. The temps stayed steady, between 245 and 253... perfect! I got a 10 hour burn from one, and almost 12 hours from the other...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
      The WSMs were purring like kittens all night long. The temps stayed steady, between 245 and 253... perfect! I got a 10 hour burn from one, and almost 12 hours from the other...
      Holy crap. Nothing wrong with that.

Dave
      CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
      UDS 1.0
      Afterburner
      Weber Performer
      Blue Thermapen
      Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
      Auber Smoker Controller
      Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
      -
      "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Holy crap. Nothing wrong with that.

Dave
        Yeah, but that doesn't happen all the time. I used stubbs briquets, and took my time loading, carefully layering them to minimize gaps (thanks ALX). I was really happy!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yeah, but that doesn't happen all the time. I used stubbs briquets, and took my time loading, carefully layering them to minimize gaps (thanks ALX). I was really happy!
          Was there any wind at all?

Of course, even if there was, I suppose a windbreak is cheaper than a controller.

Dave
          UDS 1.0
          Afterburner
          Weber Performer
          Blue Thermapen
          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
          Auber Smoker Controller
          -

Comment

Was there any wind at all?

Dave
            Not really. Had a bit of a breeze when I fired up the coals, but I had a wind brake up, and the wind died after a bit.

I tried something new with the water pans... instead of water, I lined them with foil, then wadded up a few more pieces of foil and placed them inside, then another layer of foil... worked great! My neighbor showed me that trick.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Not really. Had a bit of a breeze when I fired up the coals, but I had a wind brake up, and the wind died after a bit.

I tried something new with the water pans... instead of water, I lined them with foil, then wadded up a few more pieces of foil and placed them inside, then another layer of foil... worked great! My neighbor showed me that trick.
              Sounds like smooth sailing.

Dave
              UDS 1.0
              Afterburner
              Weber Performer
              Blue Thermapen
              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
              Auber Smoker Controller
              -

Comment

Great job PHIL and wife and Dennis too.... I know sis and BIL went wild when you got the call..

wish we werent so far apart at contest,but was good talking the bit we could once again....Shame i had to leave and miss awards after the breaking down of our site...Sister is tired of me missing the awards,so that wont happen again...

I did sneak by around 3 am,but you must have been in RV and so i just opened vents on your pork WSM.....

Scoring can be so close sometimes....We actually tied for first in chicken,but the computer handles ties and we got second.Same thing happened in our pork last week..We did win the contest by 11 points though...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                  Great job PHIL and wife and Dennis too.... I know sis and BIL went wild when you got the call..

wish we werent so far apart at contest,but was good talking the bit we could once again....Shame i had to leave and miss awards after the breaking down of our site...Sister is tired of me missing the awards,so that wont happen again...

I did sneak by around 3 am,but you must have been in RV and so i just opened vents on your pork WSM.....

Scoring can be so close sometimes....We actually tied for first in chicken,but the computer handles ties and we got second.Same thing happened in our pork last week..We did win the contest by 11 points though...
                  Great seeing you too ALX, and your sis and bil, maybe next time we can get camped closer together! Yeah, we were catching some shuteye around the time you came around again... sorry I missed you.

You guys did a great job and deserve the GC fo sho! Wow, 11 points... nice!! I'm just tickled we finally got to walk! I saw that you tied for first in chicken... dang! Oh well, ya' got the job done!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Big fat congrats sir! Wow! That must be an awesome thing to get "the call" LOL! Your boxes looked great, but I know nothing about competing so any advice from these guys would mean alot to me. Big hugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                      Big fat congrats sir! Wow! That must be an awesome thing to get "the call" LOL! Your boxes looked great, but I know nothing about competing so any advice from these guys would mean alot to me. Big hugs!
                      Thanks Cheryl, it was the most awesome feeling... we all did a "Hey, that's us!!" yell when we heard it! Then I peed myself...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Some Beach.... Right on P-Pop Cat Daddy!.... Very happy for you pal!..... Was the champagne flowing in Matilda?..... How did she work out for you?
                        sigpic

Comment

CONGRATS PHIL!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! How cool is that? WOW!! Give Joni a big hug from me!! XOXOXO

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Thanks Cheryl, it was the most awesome feeling... we all did a "Hey, that's us!!" yell when we heard it! Then I peed myself...
                            just hate it when that happens.
                            sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                            nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                              Allright Phil.. A big congrats to you and your team. Theres that pesky .0004 again

I bet you are flying high Phil. Great job.Looks like some great teams too!

Keep in the gas big daddy!
                              Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Congrats on the call
                                Pete
                                Large BGE
                                Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Working...
                                X