Clear All

Thanks for the pics!!
    Keith

Comment

Cool... Hope they do well..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I hope all of ya had the time of your life. Enjoy and all the best...
        ---------------------------------------------------
        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Sorry I just couldn't make it. Would of been nice meeting some more of you.

Comment

S-M represents well!

Well... we din't stink. Or even really smell bad. Took a 10th overall against some of the best teams in the state, 29 total. I'll let Dan post the details as he has all the pix... Forgot the cam...sigh. And the paper towels, and the extra Ibprofen, and the... ARRGGH!

And YES..once again we DID turn in chicken heh!
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Well... we din't stink. Or even really smell bad. Took a 10th overall against some of the best teams in the state, 29 total. I'll let Dan post the details as he has all the pix... Forgot the cam...sigh. And the paper towels, and the extra Ibprofen, and the... ARRGGH!

Sounds like a moral victory. Way to go team!!
              Keith

Comment

Sounds like a great time !!!

Looking forward to " The Rest of the Story "
                Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
                  Was really nice to finally meet a few folks from S-M and the GLBBQA. We enjoyed our visit and hope to do it again soon! Good luck everyone! Thanx for the rub Rich! Gonna use it on some wings tonight.
                  Great to meet you folks, and I hope ya enjoyed yer day, and the rub too!
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

It was indeed an awesome event. Got to rub elbows with a bunch of great folks again, smoke food with two of my very good buddies, and even meet a couple folks from here. The weather was testing us at every moment, and who woulda thought we would have 50 degree weather in mid august?

I am tired and have blisters on my hooves. I think I got 40 minutes sleep in 39 hrs time. I know Bubba pushed the envelope on the sleep too! I will give a more detailed reply tomorrow , complete with a few pics.

LOL, yes I cruzen, I did wash my hands, I think a total of 200 times this weekend already!

Time to relax, and soend some time with the family. They keep askin me what I am smiling about!
                    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

We did well folks. The three of us have never cooked together before and we pulled a few surprises out of our posteriors
                      Was great seeing folks I havent seen in a very long time. Like Rich said, will give the pleasure to Capt Dan to give the details and pics.

To Dan and Rich..... BIG CONGRATS........... And looking forward to our next comp, whenever and wherever it shall be!

THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIME

Damn, there is something about that plastic, golden fishy...........
                      Last edited by Crewdawg52; 08-22-2009, 08:07 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

OK, got time to do it tonight instead!

Here is a pic of our camp at night.

and a pic of the guys putting the putting green in the foam boxes!

notice the parsley monster! Mike, I gave Rich one of the air force reserve hats ya sent me!

Geoff took a pic of me and Rich trimming up some chicken thighs. Sucky job, but its was a good thing to get out of the way. Lotsa lil teadious jobs that can be done well ahead of time to lower the stress factor.

here is the result of the trimming and the parsley box work. We have deffinately done better, but the thighs were not very good and the lesson was learned on a better presentation for next time!
                        . There are too many things to list that are wrong with that box, and therefore we did get a crappy score on the chicken this time!

18th out of 27

the pork wasn't what we wanted either, and we scored poorly there too, but the ribs

scored suprisingly well and we got a 4th place ribbon for them.Skimpy racks , but great taste and texture, lotsa 9's on the scoresheet!

and the brisket was just too overdone, but the taste was again pretty good.

I think the fact we took the time to do burnt ends may have saved us on this turn in box. We recieved a 6th place ribbon for the brisket, and a 10th place overall, which is far better than we had hoped for our first event together!

This is the main reason I wanted to do a few of these type of fun contests, the fellowship!

I hope that Michichef will add some of his pics too!
                        Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Capt - Nice pics and re-cap. Sounds like yall did great.

Rich - Glad to hear THIS.
                          Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Glen
                          Large Vertical & 3 UDS (Illini drum by Bubba before he went big-time)
                          KCBS CBJ
                          Blue Thermopen
                          Profile:
                          http://www.coltecconsulting.com

Comment

Congrats on the strong showing guys.

How'd Steve and Mike do?

Comment

Originally posted by SmokyOkie View Post
                              Congrats on the strong showing guys.

How'd Steve and Mike do?
                              Well, Okie... 6th overall, and 3 walks. I do not remember what in, as I forgot to grab a scoresheet. I'm sure he'll be along to fill ya in. Or Cap't Dan has a sheet I know.

And thank you!

Comment

So exacly how does the judging work? Looked like about 20-30 people in the judges tent sitting at tables but the turn in boxes only have about 6 portions to judge/taste. Man did they eat good yesterday!
                                sigpic

GOSM/propane
                                UDS (Cam)/lump
                                22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                                Weber Genesis/propane
                                Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Working...
                                X