No firewood into California, I was rejected on my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mulepackin View Post
    Gotta respect civil disobedience. I think bureaucracy and idiocy are nearly synonymous terms. What is the rational in the first place for no bark on wood?
    don't want to carry cross state lines, no invasive bugs, etc. why they are so strict about fruits.........

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by bbally View Post
      Had to stop on I-15 to be inspected going into California.

What is that?

Uh hickory wood..

You will have to off load that here....

Not a chance.

If you unload it I don't have to do paperwork and you can go on your way

I am traveling directly up I-15 to 95 and out of state back to Colorado. 35 miles or so.

You can not have bark fire wood in the state of California without it having been inspected

Oh I see even though I am not stopping, not going near any hardwood forests, I can not travel on this road with the firewood.

Yes, so will you unload it now so we can move on with life?

What costs the state of California more, me unloading it or you having to do the paperwork to reject me and the contents of my rig?

Going to take an hour to do the paperwork so that would be most expensive for the state and take the most time for you.

OK that is what I want to do

Unload it?

No do the paperwork and cost the state the most money

But it will delay you almost an hour

I got all day to get home, this will be fun

Sir if you just unload the wood you can be on your way

Sir if you would just give me a travel permit to travel through the state on the route I described neither of us will be inconvienced

I can not do that.. we don't allow that type of permit

Then I guess we are stuck doing the paperwork and costing the state as much as possible. Lets get started

You really mean it?

Yes I find when faced with idiotic bureacracy the best method is to ensure the taxpayers get their money wasted in the finest possible manner under the state law.

You know this is not my doing..

Yes I understand that.. you understand how totally stupid this rule is for a transport through the state with no stops?

We are not allowed to give a transport permit

Ok then lets get on with the paperwork of rejecting me officially so we can both do what is in our own best interest, you for the state and me for liberty.

Ok pull over past the white lines and bring you license with you to the office building.

Will do thanks!

SM folks I want to know how you guys that cross that border deal with this stupid crap?
      Holly crap you got unlucky, I was crusing at night and almost crossed over. But I saw the statue of the gay guy made out of melted firearms and the rainbow going across it. slamed on the brakes and skidded to a stop and turned around and went back 19 miles and headed north. I forgot to warn you of the area in question.
      sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
      nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
        [B] But I saw the statue of the gay guy made out of melted firearms and the rainbow going across it.
        Somehow... I'm not doubting the veracity of this statement.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I was not losing my wood

I drove around went up through Bullhead City, AZ and on up through Vegas.

Better road then I-15 anyway. And I got to keep my wood, waste California's money, make people do their job the correct way, and generally make sure that bureacracy was running at its most ineffecient manner.
          Actually Bob, you were on I-40 West. There is another Ag. inspection station on I-15, but it is southbound, north of Barstow, Ca. One of the funny things about Ca. is they don't really care what you take out of here, but bringing it back in is another story. I've know folks who have even bought firewood here, gone camping out of state and tried to bring back their left over wood. No way, Hose A. It isn't happening without a big friggin' hassle like the one you described.
          sigpic
          New Braunfels Bandera
          New Braunfels Hondo
          4-22.5" Weber Kettles
          1-26" Weber Kettle
          24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
          Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

And to think I was mad @ the city of Mesquite for making me call the damn fire dept everytime I start a smoke ....

Comment

I was not losing my wood

Better road then I-15 anyway. And I got to keep my wood, waste California's money, make people do their job the correct way, and generally make sure that bureacracy was running at its most ineffecient manner.
              FOR REALS???? lol! You are my hero man! my tax dollars well spent at that!
              unfrikenbelivable!

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
              don't want to carry cross state lines, no invasive bugs, etc. why they are so strict about fruits.........
              Yep you can take whatever you want out, but try to bring back an orange.. sheeshhhhh

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
              Holly crap you got unlucky, I was crusing at night and almost crossed over. But I saw the statue of the gay guy made out of melted firearms and the rainbow going across it. slamed on the brakes and skidded to a stop and turned around and went back 19 miles and headed north. I forgot to warn you of the area in question.
              That is funny chit right there my favorite Zonian!

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
              Actually Bob, you were on I-40 West. There is another Ag. inspection station on I-15, but it is southbound, north of Barstow, Ca. One of the funny things about Ca. is they don't really care what you take out of here, but bringing it back in is another story. I've know folks who have even bought firewood here, gone camping out of state and tried to bring back their left over wood. No way, Hose A. It isn't happening without a big friggin' hassle like the one you described.
              Just drove right thru that one last night, and I mean drove right through it, no one stopped us nothing...
              Ridiculous, at the minimum Bob, really!
              I am gonna copy and paste your post if you don't mind... I love sending shit to our legislators... DUMBASSES!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

First off I gotta say you actually made me LOL...It sounded a lot like me. what a bunch of crap also....but you gotta luv california...oh wait no you don't...I lived there and then got the hell out. What a great story
                Jerod
                GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                  I am gonna copy and paste your post if you don't mind... I love sending shit to our legislators... DUMBASSES!
                  No problem babe, you can use it however you want too.

I understand the envasive species thing, but for me the route I described driving was not going to endanger any hardwood forest. And I had already drove the wood through California on the way down to Havasu.

It was I-40 not I-15
                  Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

I was not losing my wood

So did you make them fill out the forms and then tell them you were taking a different route ?
                    'cos that would be a Kodak moment right there

Either way you can have some stick-it-to-the-man bureacracy :-)
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Thats the craziest chit I have ever heard of. No wonder their state is going bankrupt. Bravo to you for standing up for yourself.
                      Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

I have family there and virtual friends there. And I am afraid I don't care if that pice of land breaks off and floats away. 8TH largest economy in the world means nothing to me when they try to rule our life everywhere else and impose their insane environmental beliefs onto all of us. The laws they have there are all their own fault, not any of ours. Not one of them have a right to complain, they brought it on themselves and if they do not stand up and change it, they get what they deserve.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                          score for the bbally, and the lil people............
                          What the Dude said... and I'm from Cali.
                          GOSM Big Block
                          Weber 22 1/2 in. grill
                          Brinkman all-in-one charcoal and gas
                          Pepperhead Award posthumously-

Miss you Rich- How's the ABT's up there?

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
                            I have family there and virtual friends there. And I am afraid I don't care if that pice of land breaks off and floats away. 8TH largest economy in the world means nothing to me when they try to rule our life everywhere else and impose their insane environmental beliefs onto all of us. The laws they have there are all their own fault, not any of ours. Not one of them have a right to complain, they brought it on themselves and if they do not stand up and change it, they get what they deserve.
                            As far as rules are concerned, that gives us the reason to vote for change, and as a voter and a tax payer one does have the right to complain. What is your basis for saying that "they try to rule our life everywhere else and impose their insane environmental beliefs onto all of us". Californians don't make rules/laws in your state, thats for you to do. Or do you think Californians make federal rules/laws too? If so, write your congressman. You've made some rather generalized and iresponsible statements, although I realize you're speaking for yourself and not representing your area or state. There must be a reason that Cali has so many transplants from other cities, states, and countries, not to mention tourist. I hope your hometown business people never place signs saying "Californians not liked here". No state is perfect, but we try to do the best we can with what we've got. We try not to bash other state laws/rules, we have enough to bash about within our own state.

I apologize for hijacking this thread, it's not PC.
                            Last edited by richoso1; 03-03-2010, 03:52 PM.
                            GOSM Big Block
                            Weber 22 1/2 in. grill
                            Brinkman all-in-one charcoal and gas
                            Pepperhead Award posthumously-

Miss you Rich- How's the ABT's up there?

Comment

I been biting my tounge since this thread started but I cant any more....

I wonder what would happen if they protected their southern border with the same diligence..................
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                                I been biting my tounge since this thread started but I cant any more....

I wonder what would happen if they protected their southern border with the same diligence..................
                                We'd have piles of mexicans waiting around...oh wait... WE DO...
                                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                                X