No announcement yet.

Pork in the Park BBQ Festival, Salisbury, MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We shall give it our best shot at kicking some serious BOOTAY!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I feel sorry for the other 135 teams. You guys are gonna Kick Arse!
      JT

Comment

Yeehaw!! You guys are gonna rock em sock em! Holy smokes that is a load of competitors. If I could fly my ass there to watch ya put out some serious thin n blue whoop ass, I damn sure would You 2 fine gentlemen have a great time and the best of luck to you!! GET R DONE
        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Good luck guys.
          FBJ

WSM
          Med. Spicewine
          Stumps GF223
          KCBS/NEBS Member
          KCBS CBJ

Comment

Thanks every one!! I wish all of you could be there with us, butt I know you'll be there in spirit!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Good luck guys! I'll be waiting to hear all the good stories.
              I'm sure there will be one or two!
              Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Will be rootin for you. Good luck & have fun.

Comment

Lots of strange things wandering about...

.. chicken pulling folk(i believe the head puller did 6 pounds).....Man...this gig has gotten huge for a kcbs .

\

Last edited by ALX; 04-19-2010, 05:10 PM.

Comment

what an interesting day... good to meet you both phill and alex. i took a couple of pics and will drop them in tomorrow.
                    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                      what an interesting day... good to meet you both phill and alex. i took a couple of pics and will drop them in tomorrow.
                      Marcus...Just great to have the wife and grand child stop in.........
                      Last edited by ALX; 04-18-2010, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I can't wait to hear how you all did! and pix!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Just read the results. Nice job guys. Tough field, and you were far from last. You can get em next time!
                          Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Great pics Alex!
                            Glad you guys all had a great time.
                            There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Skunked, butt not last...

Well folks, it was a really fun time! Getting to meet Alex and Mr. and Mrs. Crusty (ol salt) and their grandson, made the trip worth it. Working side-by-side with Alex was a great experience, and a helluva lot of fun... he is a storehouse of BBQ knowledge for sure! Thanks again Alex for all the help!

The day started out great, with wonderful weather and blue skies. Project Jeep performed wonderfully, and got us there safe and sound. My buddy Dennis and I got there around 9-ish AM Friday, and got camp set up, in record time I might add. We traveled lighter this year, being that I didn't have the CG's, just the Webers and their Smoke-EZ attachments. They performed very well, chugging along at 235-ish all night long. We actually got some sleep!

In the early afternoon, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to bring all of my sauces... I left them in the fridge. SHIT!! Being a little over 2 hours away from home, there was no way I could make that trip back and forth, and still get everything done. Luckily, my neighbor behind me overheard my frustration and said his girlfriend works in Elkton, MD, just 15 minutes from our casa. She was coming down to the comp after work, so a few phone calls later, Mrs. Hawg and her hooked up, and she brought the missing goods down with her. WHEW!!

Unfortunately, we didn't place so well. I overcooked the brisket, butt it was real tasty and had an amazing smoke ring. I thought the ribs looked good and tasted even better, butt evidently, not the judges... Same with the PP. The chicken has always been a problem for me. I always cooked it the way I do at home and for customers, butt it never scored well. Alex showed me how the pros do it, and by God, it turned out well... evidently just not in the judges eyes. Oh well... next time!

All in all, it was a great time! I am sorry to say, I didn't get any pictures, but Alex took some and so did Marcus, so there will be proof that it really did happen! Thanks guys!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Hawg, sounds like a wondeful time you all had there in the heat of battle. and ya can not always take 1st prize in an area that has no taste buds you all did great by going and learning.
                                glad yer back safe and sound.
                                El Kyote.
                                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Working...
                                X