No announcement yet.

My Big Black Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great restoration. I'd love to have a Johnson that big.

Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

That thing is a beast! great job on the restore...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Now it looks brand new!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Job Yard Dog!!!

Nothing worse than a Rusty Old Johnson!!

You made cleaning it up look easy!!

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

WOW! Now that I've seen your big black Johnson, I'm jealous. Good job.
            Arron W.

YS 640
            Primo Oval XL
            Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
            Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
            Weber Copper Top
            Old Smokey
            Orion
            Gasser
            2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
            24" Disco with custom burner
            Red Thermapen
            2-Maverick ET-733
            Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
            sigpic

Comment

That is a cool beast. Just looked them up. I would be interested in seeing the location of the the heat transfer channels and where location of that they stop at.

Interesting that they put 1.5 inches of concrete in the bottom of the fire pit.

Is there a plate over the concrete?

How is air intake controlled?

The sausage racks are a very cool addition.

Is it insulated?

I can see that easily being a multi fuel beast.

You could have painted it blue......no I guess that may offend some too.

Comment

My surname is Johnson. I'm not offended

It's both an accurate description and an amusing play on words.

Good looking smojer too.
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by gracoman View Post
                  Crossing a line dude.

Perhaps you should think a bit before you post

I'm so done with this place
                  WTH?
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Fine job there neighbor. Just fill it up with some good meats and I'll drive over from Tulsa!

And no worries. Folks misinterpret messages from time to time. Best to just ignore those things. If it seems personal then contact the respondent directly. Rest assured that if there was anything ever posted that was truly inappropriate it will be removed as soon as possible.
                    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U88kZ6mqrg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

For the overly sensitive & easily offended...

sigpic
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        New Braunfels Hondo
                        4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                        1-26" Weber Kettle
                        24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                        Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Thank you everyone for the positive reply's. It has been quite the struggle trying to manhandle this rig by myself for the most part since I originally purchased it. I could have done better on the paint, and I used to much oil, but a couple more fires will season the inside, and as long as the outside has some kind of protective layer, it should last a long time.

As for the one negative comment I can only offer this. I truly do apologize to to you gracoman. As with any forum there are many people from many walks of life. What some find humor in, others find the opposite, but that's how public forums work. I guess you and I walk a different path, and that's ok. No harm, no foul, just a difference of opinion is all. You have been a member here for 5 years or so and have contributed much more than I have to this forum, your rep points confirm this. Who knows, maybe you and I could toss some pig on the racks and kick back and have an enjoyable day learning from each other. Maybe you was just having a bad day. I'm cool with it, and hold no animosity towards you at all.

I'm sure by now admin has seen this thread. The fact that it's still here and I'm not banned puts my mind at ease a bit. Again, to anyone who read this thread and was offended, I meant no harm. I was just having fun with a play on words that accurately describes my smoker. It's big, it's black, and it's a Johnson. So with all that said, I will be more cautious in what I see as humor before I post in the future. My apology to admin if this caused you any problems.
                          Big Black Johnson
                          GOSM 3405BGW
                          Old Cimmaron (Ol' Faithful)
                          Cast Iron Grill (state park type)

Comment

Personally I loved the pics of the restore...
                            Reminded me of the fun I had restoring my old Longhorn...And the fun I had using it since

Looking forward to some awesome cooks (pics) coming from your new old cooker
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yard Dog View Post
                              Thank you everyone for the positive reply's. It has been quite the struggle trying to manhandle this rig by myself for the most part since I originally purchased it. I could have done better on the paint, and I used to much oil, but a couple more fires will season the inside, and as long as the outside has some kind of protective layer, it should last a long time.

As for the one negative comment I can only offer this. I truly do apologize to to you gracoman. As with any forum there are many people from many walks of life. What some find humor in, others find the opposite, but that's how public forums work. I guess you and I walk a different path, and that's ok. No harm, no foul, just a difference of opinion is all. You have been a member here for 5 years or so and have contributed much more than I have to this forum, your rep points confirm this. Who knows, maybe you and I could toss some pig on the racks and kick back and have an enjoyable day learning from each other. Maybe you was just having a bad day. I'm cool with it, and hold no animosity towards you at all.

I'm sure by now admin has seen this thread. The fact that it's still here and I'm not banned puts my mind at ease a bit. Again, to anyone who read this thread and was offended, I meant no harm. I was just having fun with a play on words that accurately describes my smoker. It's big, it's black, and it's a Johnson. So with all that said, I will be more cautious in what I see as humor before I post in the future. My apology to admin if this caused you any problems.
                              You're good man! Nice cooker
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you, much appreciated.
                                Big Black Johnson
                                GOSM 3405BGW
                                Old Cimmaron (Ol' Faithful)
                                Cast Iron Grill (state park type)

Comment

Working...
                                X