Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sports Talk

Sports Talk The Only Other Thing That Goes Good With Que & Brew, Is Sports. For You Sportz Junkies

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Newbie questions
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Posted On: 02-19-2018
Replies: 4
Views: 30
0 Cooks from this weekend
Last Post: SmokinOutBack
Replies: 4
Views: 58
0 Instant Pot (Not For Smoking)
Last Post: SmokinOutBack
Replies: 24
Views: 364
0 DDave's Reverse Flow Build
Last Post: chefrob
Replies: 73
Views: 1,454
0 Dungeness Crab And Tenderloins
Last Post: barkonbutts
Replies: 6
Views: 76
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,573 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,350 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 651,301 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 09-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishChef View Post
Dumb question, but wtf is this "NASCAR" thing you guys are getting all worked up over?

Wrong question..."Dumb question, but wtf is this "NASCAR" thing you guys are" NOT "getting all worked up over any more?"
Dat Mo Betta!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishChef View Post
Dumb question, but wtf is this "NASCAR" thing you guys are getting all worked up over?
"Not Another Silly Cracker Assed Race"
Old 09-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Steady...Max Papis will slap Brian France into reality! Gordon is a ol fart...Bowyer, spun under team orders...Sliced Bread is a monkey...Newman is cool...Oh...Kurt...is diggin as a single team...Did I say Logano is a monkey! Kes a wreckski ain't in the hunt! MOUTH! Uhh...Edwards is a jack ass & nearly ran me over at Dega on a scooter...shoulda let it happen... So the toyotas money got into the gig! Be aight...going to Dega with Louie...we'll see who the pussies are that run 200 mph+...take in the tri oval & deliver! WTF is hockey! Red Wings...they some damn fine boots!

Old 09-08-2013, 09:05 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanted88 View Post
Red Wings...they some damn fine boots!
Heh..yes they are...

Drop the crotch boys! We goin' skatin!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Steady...Max Papis will slap Brian France into reality! Gordon is a ol fart...Bowyer, spun under team orders...Sliced Bread is a monkey...Newman is cool...Oh...Kurt...is diggin as a single team...Did I say Logano is a monkey! Kes a wreckski ain't in the hunt! MOUTH! Uhh...Edwards is a jack ass & nearly ran me over at Dega on a scooter...shoulda let it happen... So the toyotas money got into the gig! Be aight...going to Dega with Louie...we'll see who the pussies are that run 200 mph+...take in the tri oval & deliver! WTF is hockey! Red Wings...they some damn fine boots!
That about sums it up..except Brian France and reality...wrong planet me thinks.
Used to go to Dega, Homestead, Daytona an Charlottsville every year. Had spots reserved on the infields for Red Hog Racing. Till they went from $50 a carload to $50/per person and no coolers....an other chit! Used to be an everyone sport...now it's yupified an cool folks only(wallet first)!
I'm sorry but I'm ranting again.......but it used to be so much fun.
Chit changes - move on. Done!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Old 09-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

argh, make the winches walk the blank
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

I cuss like a Sailor, because I am a Sailor

Old 09-09-2013, 02:09 AM
Pit Master

erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All
erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
WTF is hockey! Red Wings...they some damn fine boots!
Mike, you da man!!!
Dutch Ovens and other CI
Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Old 09-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Heh..yes they are...

Drop the crotch boys! We goin' skatin!
You watchin that mens figure skating again Rich
Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Here is a link to a great read from Nick DeGroot writing for speedway media

http://www.speedwaymedia.com/?p=67736

Old 09-09-2013, 09:34 AM

chisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To All
chisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To Allchisoxjim Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmore View Post
Cant wait for hockey to start again.....
ugh... the longest season of any sport. I'm happy for the Hawks fans but I am still sick of hockey from last season..

Nascar...? watching some cats drive around in circles never impressed or caught my interest.

different strokes.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker
Old 09-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Im Ross,I'm a Meatatarian

rbranstner Is  A Name Known To All
rbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To All

Personally I'd rather watch paint dry that have to watch a NASCAR race. But to each their own. I'm with Rich. I can't wait for hockey season. At least football started so I have something to watch. I can't stand watching baseball anymore either for some reason.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Pit Master

ya kno' redneck rodeo (stock car racing) and true low and slow BBQ are art forms. Both of which originated south of the Mason Dixon line, so i understand why a bunch yankees dont get it red neck rodeo

I am just thankful you understand BBQ

Old 09-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

make the buggers turn right ! that'd soon sort them out

Actually no reason they couldn't alternate. One week race widdershins and the next clockwise.

OR better yet at the end of the first lap they could handbrake turn and race the next lap backwards - then alternate between forwards and backwards on consequetive laps.

Now that would definitely mix it up a bit.

But it sucks when any sport you care about gets hijacked by arseholes.

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-09-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:08 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
OR better yet at the end of the first lap they could handbrake turn and race the next lap backwards - then alternate between forwards and backwards on consequetive laps.
I have proposed the "Purple Flag". You have to reverse course. But...not untill you GET to the flag, of course.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
make the buggers turn right ! that'd soon sort them out

Actually no reason they couldn't alternate. One week race widdershins and the next clockwise.

Now that would definitely mix it up a bit.

But it sucks when any sport you care about gets hijacked by arseholes.
Chit guys, they have enough trouble just turnin left!

Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

How can they remember the rules?

Hard enough for them to remember the route!!

Bear
Old 09-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
How can they remember the rules?

Bear
John, evidently the rules are subject to momentary reinterpretation by the NASCAR Officials and owners. There seems to be no integrity to the "rules".

Quote:
And the route is a circle!

Old 09-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Hot Damn! Somebody realized MWR's antics!
http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...nts-fined-spin

Old 09-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Hot Damn! Somebody realized MWR's antics!
http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...nts-fined-spin
Mike it's not just MWR, it's NASCAR itself, Carl Edwards was farther in front of the "#1" car on that last restart than Jimmy Johnson was a few weeks ago. They sent JJ to the back of the pack. Carl gets a clean slate. It just balanced out the MFG and sponsor presence in the "chase".
Total Bullchit.
I know you a die hard fan, I was too for a long long time. All my buds that we all used go to every race we could get to. All done, I'm the last one, was - done.
It's not real, simple. It's not real fun anymore, but that comes back to it's not real anymore. It's manipulated too much.
Good luck with it.
Still hope 88 wins it though!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sports Talk