Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Comment

welcome, now that you landed its time to start enjoying the thin and blue .
      nothin better that home smoke foods,enjoy
      sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
      members mark upright propane smoker
      kingsford bbq
      23"weber kettle

Comment

You have come to the right place. Tons of knowledge and great folks here. You can get help pretty much with anything.
        Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

to the Island.... I am with JT (Whisky FIsh) on maybe trying a Fatty..... They can be as simple or complex as you would like, but I would suggest starting out simple, with maybe cheese for filling. One thing for sure, they are AWESOME served warm & if you have never had one, you are in for a big suprise.... I would also suggest a reliable thermometer that has been tested, for safety reasons..... Good Luck
          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Welcome aboard!
              Al

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Hello IJust, Welcome to Smoked-Meat! I'm not much help with a gasser unit, sorry. But there's alot of folks here that are. One thing I can mention- bugs, crap, spiderwebs...all seem to LOVE making a home in the gas venturi/burner tube areas. Be on guard! Yellow flame, poor heat, difficulty maintaining flame...all possible symtoms of this. Enjoy!
                Being in Arizona there isn't much in the creepy factor in the city. Don't get me wrong, we have bugs but being so dry they tend to find homes in more secluded areas than my patio. Although I will definitely watch for it. I pretty much check the burner every ignition simply to make sure I don't blow myself up by not igniting it! This summer we have a mosquito problem in a huge way though! Thanks for the tip

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                  Welcome aboard... Feel free to ask any questions if you are not sure.. We all started out the same way.. Not Knowing how to smoke.. Once you start getting it down, you will be the hit amongst your buddies and family...

You will be looked upon as a dork at first for taking pics of your food and smokes.. When this happens, just don't give them any food.. That will stop them..
                  My good friend gives me hell for posting things to facebook. So I just present to him directly now, pictures and all. I aint skeered of the jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                    welcome to the forum.

Some easy things to start with: bacon/ham, fatties (once you get into it we'll have you making your own sausage, but to start with you can buy it :-)

Curing your own bacon is just about the simplest thing you can do. (rub on curing spice, put in ziploc, leave for a week, smoke)

Chicken wings - thousands of recipes for those.

CCR's (pork shoulder steaks or country style ribs) taste great, plenty succulent so difficult to cock up :-) Also useful for 'quick' pulled pork.

And of course ABT's :-)

At the end of the day it's all down to the right temperature and patience.

And you might want to grab some mad hunky rub. Goes with pretty much everything and last time I checked rich was still giving samples out to newbies
                    Well I guess one thing is all the abbreviations slow me up sometimes haha. Dont know what they are sometimes or figure them out later on. Thnx! I will be here often I am sure of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                      Welcome to the club. I assume that since you know your smoker leaked that you already seasoned it. Leakage around the door is really no big deal on these. You still get plenty of smoke on the food. Tell us what you want to smoke and we'll be happy to walk you through it.
                      I knew it was going to leak before i even bought it since i read up on it so that was no big deal(LARGE gaps around the doors). Big reason I sealed it was I live in Az so its hot. So in the coming summer I will have to keep the burner low and I imagine that will reduce my smoke. So I want to keep as much smoke in as possible.

Also I have a family of 5 so I want to be able to smoke a lot of simple things as well as larger items to feed the fam. Things I would normally cook in the oven I want to cook outside, including vegetables.

I am a perfectionist so just "ok" never works for me when I cook. Right now I am making more things "ok" than I am making things I feel are "great". any simple guidelines for time and temps would be great right now

Comment

Originally posted by ijusthvit View Post
                        Well I guess one thing is all the abbreviations slow me up sometimes haha. Dont know what they are sometimes or figure them out later on. Thnx! I will be here often I am sure of it.
                        Here ya go, Sir :{)

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4974
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

to the forum, glad you joined us. There is a lot of great info here...
                          sigpic

Char-Griller Outlaw w-SFB & (mods)
                          30" Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse

Comment

just saw this, so welcome! lots of good peeps and info here so don't be afraid to ask. FYI - food city hs pork butts on sale this week for $.99/lb and butts are great to learn on cuz they are very forgiving. i have a gasser but i made some minor mods and one of them is i made a charcoal basket so i can use both. learn yer unit and have fun!
                            sigpic
                            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Welcome! You'll not find a kinder forum to hang out in than this one by far. The STN ratio is quite good, and people here are quick to jump in and help out. I just got in to smoking 2 years ago myself, it becomes quite the addiction fast!

Mick
                              sigpic

Comment

New to EVERYTHING! :)

Hmmm, we have a poker game every thursday night.
                                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Working...
                                X