can you freeze jalapenos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
    We freeze ours whole, on a cookie sheet, then into a zip-lock. Never have a problem with being mushy. We've done it this way for years.
    We also pickle them. My wife's bread n butter jalapeņos are to die for. Turns a regular burger or dog into a masterpiece.
    Originally posted by morkdach View Post
    Is she home yet
    Well ???? Enquiring minds need to know ...

Comment

Originally posted by morkdach View Post
      Is she home yet
      Originally posted by cajun_1 View Post
      Well ???? Enquiring minds need to know ...
      http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...358#post130358

Tom

Comment

I'll be.,... Great to see you Pete!! It's been like 3-4 months..?? Glad you popped back in.. Looks like pepper head season is coming on..

Great looking purp jalapenos.... Are they green inside or red??

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
        Look forward to Gunslinger's recipe

This year, I'm trying something completely new, purple jalapenos. I have 4 plants this year as an experiment from my pepper guy. So far, so good. And for the record, they are only purple on the outside so far. Maybe, as they become more mature, they may take the same color inside.

This is the first picking so it's a work in progress
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

you are "da man"
          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
            I'll be.,... Great to see you Pete!! It's been like 3-4 months..?? Glad you popped back in.. Looks like pepper head season is coming on..

Great looking purp jalapenos.... Are they green inside or red??
            Hey Ken, yeah, I know it has been awhile. It's not personal, please believe me.

I've been busy and as far as anything I can add around here, I haven't been busy. It's been interesting though. But, I figured these may be of interest to some.

Anyway, they have more heat than a regular jalapeno but they are still green on the inside. As they mature, perhaps they will change. They are a first for me and an experiment thus far. So far, so good and I'm happy with them.

I'll smoke/dehydrate/grind some, pickle some and use as fresh peppers as well. I have some brewing in a Soy Vay sauce for some split breast chicken tomorrow.

Although it's a grill recipe I've been doing for awhile, I will do a post on it later as it really is very good. Might make for a great smoke as well as some one can figure out something to do with it. The sauce is out of this world.
            Pete
            Large BGE
            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Working...
            X