Anaheim Peppers question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
    Poblos are smaller right? Can I grow these here in Florida easily? I would think this is the perfect climate for peppers, man i need to get on it
    they are actually wider, rounder, and not as long but you can sure put more goodies inside! and like MH said you should be able to grow them with no problem!
    sigpic
    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Yeah...Should be able to grow no problemo...Hell my mum had a nice crop of veggies in alaska as kid...Then again..She could grow lettuce in the desert.....

Florida is full of root-knot style soil nematodes...If you aint got good soil... i guarantee in proper potted container(size,soil etc..) you could grow them...

Looking at some of me notes other day...I grew 43 variety totaling 246 peppers not long ago ....Lotta time and experimenting...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
        Yeah...Should be able to grow no problemo...Hell my mum had a nice crop of veggies in alaska as kid...Then again..She could grow lettuce in the desert.....

Florida is full of root-knot style soil nematodes...If you aint got good soil... i guarantee in proper potted container(size,soil etc..) you could grow them...

Looking at some of me notes other day...I grew 43 variety totaling 246 peppers not long ago ....Lotta time and experimenting...
        holy monkey poop your pic made me laugh my ass off ahhaa
        lol im still cracking the f up, you guys are too much one here ahahhhaha

Comment

At least 20 variety of green chiles that i can think of for rellenos...

All comes down to quality in my opinion...Stores can be crapshoot unless you are in T-H, Chef Rob,KYOTE,etc.. country...They would be one to talk to when they are in season down dere...That would be the real deal unless growing your own in a controlled environment(seed variety etc..)...
          And why I ain't never seen that rig before! I need ta knowed the build! ....
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
            And why I ain't never seen that rig before! I need ta knowed the build! ....
            Sister bought thst em for me bout 8 years ago.....Looking thru me threads...Never did one on dis site...

Maybe next year...Just a chile roastrer..3 burner...Simple...Usefull if doing a lot etc...Prolly did 200 pounds at me heigth(10 years ago)...Fishing more lately with dhah price...

Comment

Cool thread, keep up the good work fellers. Funny. I got a big sack of Anaheims in the freezer from last year,I didn't find one hot one from the garden. and will probaby just toss them. I didn't buy them, the wife got the plants at some local nursery so who knows...............

Comment

Regarding the Hot... I'll have to pay more attention to the pointy ends. I've grown a lot of peppers, and the YEAR seems to matter more than the plants. Some years HOT.. some years NOT!

We eat a LOT of chilies, so I don't get so concerned about the individuals as I do the batch. I agree with the consistancy piece - after about two bags, you know if you need to add more spice, or hold off.

The BIGGEST thing I'v learned is that to grow uniform chilies, they need water - lots of it! If you find that your chilies are curling up, you are not watering them enough, and watering seems to have nothing to do with the heat factor.

... Keith is just too damn picky when it comes to my peppers!

He did teach me a trick or two this year when it comes to roasting them, though...

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                  Regarding the Hot... I'll have to pay more attention to the pointy ends. I've grown a lot of peppers, and the YEAR seems to matter more than the plants. Some years HOT.. some years NOT!

We eat a LOT of chilies, so I don't get so concerned about the individuals as I do the batch. I agree with the consistancy piece - after about two bags, you know if you need to add more spice, or hold off.

The BIGGEST thing I'v learned is that to grow uniform chilies, they need water - lots of it! If you find that your chilies are curling up, you are not watering them enough, and watering seems to have nothing to do with the heat factor.

... Keith is just too damn picky when it comes to my peppers!

He did teach me a trick or two this year when it comes to roasting them, though...
                  What style you growing brother...Bout done with em outside powder,,Thinkin i need a spark EH....

Comment

What style you growing brother...Bout done with em outside powder,,Thinkin i need a spark EH....
                    ALX,
                    For green chilies, I grow anahiems, Big Jims, and New Mexico #6... and in no particular order! I generally go for the Anahiems, but if they don't have enough, I start mixing others in.
                    Regarding particular variety of each (label/name brand) I buy them from a small little green house called Sweets. They are literally hand written tabs stuck in the little cartons... 6 plants for $1.50... can't beat it.

I also grow pablano's - same deal. This year they were smaller than last year...but then again, everything seemed a little off this year in my garden, I blame it on the late, cold spring here... could have been a different variety.

I row plant them and use the 1/4" laser cut drip tubing and just run it down the row. I've had good luck with them, but as I stated below and as you've heard from Bassman, you'll get one that is damn hot, and the other that is like eating a bell pepper. Keeps eating them interesting! The "flavor" though, is damn good on all of them. I'll even roast the Pabs and green chilies together - THAT is a good combo for pork green chili.

Don't give up on them, brother! They are one of my favorites!

Comment

Working...
                    X