• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RVSEVEN View Post
    i like the exersise equipment looking at the bar hehehehe nice composter
    sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Looks like work to me...ya know turning it every day and all that...

I got the lazy man compost pile mastered...
      Works for me...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

F-N thing did not fit out any of the 3 doors in the man cave..... Dismantle partially, drink, cuss, dismantle more, drink, cuss, drink... Re-assemble.... Finally finished and assembled outside.... Loaded with compost from bucket and hole... It stinks and is goopy... Added shredded paper.... Drink.... Feeling better.... Drink.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          F-N thing did not fit out any of the 3 doors in the man cave..... Dismantle partially, drink, cuss, dismantle more, drink, cuss, drink... Re-assemble.... Finally finished and assembled outside.... Loaded with compost from bucket and hole... It stinks and is goopy... Added shredded paper.... Drink.... Feeling better.... Drink.
          Go Figure...Worst thing is the "goop" fish daddy...You gotta mix dat right...Little like shine or gunpowder etc.....I believe Paul Menard done posted a workshop on it....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
            Go Figure...Worst thing is the "goop" fish daddy...You gotta mix dat right...Little like shine or gunpowder etc.....I believe Paul Menard done posted a workshop on it....
            Yeah, I will look at it in the morning.... If I can focus
            sigpic

Comment

MEGA Compost Update

Is this looking OK?.... Seems to be just moist, not too "goopy" .... It's probably about 50% grass & the rest is vegetable scraps & leaves.... Any input (HELP ) would be great

sigpic

Comment

It looks to me like It's probably about 50% grass & the rest is vegetable scraps & leaves
                Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                  It looks to me like It's probably about 50% grass & the rest is vegetable scraps & leaves
                  ..... Thanks for the help ...... I never composted before, just wondering if I'm close as far as mixture/moisture goes
                  sigpic

Comment

If you have access to some farmer's cow manure it would be beneficial to add some to the mix for the added microorganisms. Barring that a few shovels of garden soil will add some too.
                    I gave up all the hard work of composting several years ago. Now I just pound 4 metal fenceposts in the ground in a square, wrap small opening fencing around them and join the ends together with dog chain clips and add materials as I acquire them. Once every month or so I unclip the fence and run my rototiller back and forth over the pile in a few directions, rake it back into a pile and put the fence back. I've been gardening and composting for 30 years and this is the easiest method I've found by far.

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
                      If you have access to some farmer's cow manure it would be beneficial to add some to the mix for the added microorganisms. Barring that a few shovels of garden soil will add some too.
                      I gave up all the hard work of composting several years ago. Now I just pound 4 metal fenceposts in the ground in a square, wrap small opening fencing around them and join the ends together with dog chain clips and add materials as I acquire them. Once every month or so I unclip the fence and run my rototiller back and forth over the pile in a few directions, rake it back into a pile and put the fence back. I've been gardening and composting for 30 years and this is the easiest method I've found by far.
                      Thanks John, that method was suggested to me in a previous post, can't remember who suggested it, but I will probably go that route next year. I am starting from scratch for a garden this year & just wanted to get something going for this year. Thanks again
                      sigpic

Comment

The best method I have found is to let my buddy and his wife compost and raise vegtables and I trade bacon and smoke pork and smoke fish for the veggies
                        sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
                        members mark upright propane smoker
                        kingsford bbq
                        23"weber kettle

Comment

Thanks Clarence..... I am thinking then add shredded paper? .... I don't know what kind of leaves they are, but if you think Magnolia I would trust you..... Damn composting is a pain in the ass
                          sigpic

Comment

Too much Nitrogen...not enough carbon...Its gonna end up stinking...

Like Alex said...
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Add shreded newspaper and mix then Craig?... I am outta leaves... Other carbon options?.. Thanks guys!
                              sigpic

Comment

With the ammount of grass clips ya got there paper will work fine...Normally I wouldnt lean too heavy on the paper because it is very hard to compost...

However I have never used a tumbler...just a simple pile...
                                Craig
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X