No announcement yet.

How's Everyone's Gardens Doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me dang alaska grow buckets are...wfo... figured out the heat & shade...
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
      Crap! Rabbits should've bellied up to the buffet more while they had the chance. Pickled about 25 pint jars of cukes and they're still producing. Just picked about 8 more. Not sure what I'll be doing with them. Keep picking jalapeņo's and hot as hell. Kind of worried about the hotness of the habaneros. They just keep getting bigger and bigger and yet they don't change color. Got the prep H ready for when they're ripe. Anaheim are doing good. My tomatoes are loaded but changing slowly. Nolan likes to pick the green one's and gets mad when I won't let him eat them. One of these times I will. I've got them where they're bigger than a slice of bread. when they ripen up we'll be busy making salsa. Not sure what to do with the yellow tomatoes yet. Going to have a lot of acorn squash too, but I think they'll keep good in my curing chamber. Don't get me started on the yellow squash thank god the rabbits got 3 of the 4 plants. Just picked 6 more, probably picked 10 from the plant previously and its still f-ing producing. Thinking of trying to freeze some.
      On the squash thing, I think somebody here in the past suggested grating it and freezing it
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        On the squash thing, I think somebody here in the past suggested grating it and freezing it
        I've done that with zucchini, worked good for bread. Everything thing I read about blanching or just slicing and freezing is it turns mushy. Probably just keep giving them away.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          I've done that with zucchini, worked good for bread. Everything thing I read about blanching or just slicing and freezing is it turns mushy. Probably just keep giving them away.

I did mean zucchini..... Might try that also...... Got 5 zucchini hills....WTF was I thinking..... I think I plant em, cause they are bulletproof, and makes me garden look respectable
          sigpic

Comment

I did mean zucchini..... Might try that also...... Got 5 zucchini hills....WTF was I thinking..... I think I plant em, cause they are bulletproof, and makes me garden look respectable
            same here, I forgot the zucchini this year thank god! Wish I only planted one acorn squash, got 3 and they're loaded. I'm guessing if they all grow and ripen we'll have around 40-50. They're supposed to keep at 50 degrees, we'll be eating them next summer yet
            sigpic

Comment

Got a question, my tomatoes are about 4 foot tall and have really spread outwards. They are so loaded with softball size tomatoes that the cages have fell over. Any suggestions to get them back upright? I pull them up and push the cage in further yet they just fall right back over. I've never had them this big. Just wish they'd start turning red faster.
              sigpic

Comment

I have drove in a rebar stake on the side that's leaning or tipping and then tie cage to stake....my tomatoes are mostly done and removed. Green peppers too. Some kind of blight I guess killed em.
                sigpic
                GMG Daniel Boone
                UDS
                Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                Vision Kamado grill
                Weber Genesis Silver
                Smokin Tex
                MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                Maverick ET 732
                Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                2 orange ThermoPops
                A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by zombini View Post
                  I have drove in a rebar stake on the side that's leaning or tipping and then tie cage to stake....my tomatoes are mostly done and removed. Green peppers too. Some kind of blight I guess killed em.
                  I thought about electric fence post, which is basically rebar.
                  sigpic

Comment

How's Everyone's Gardens Doing?

It's doing GREAT!

The momma has what looks like possibly a broken ankle or something and can barely get aroond. I let em have at it. Karma thing I guess...

sigpic

Comment

It's doing GREAT!

The momma has what looks like possibly a broken ankle or something and can barely get aroond. I let em have at it. Karma thing I guess...

Awww...I hate seeing animals hurt. I'm glad you let them hang out! What kind of deer are they? They are a lot smaller than the ones we have in Kentucky.
                      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

For the second year in a row, pepper plants in my garden were mislabeled. These are from plants that were supposed to be jalapeno. Does anyone know what they are? They are at the upper end of the jalapeno scale for heat.

Good One Heritage Oven
                        Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bwerth42 View Post
                          For the second year in a row, pepper plants in my garden were mislabeled. These are from plants that were supposed to be jalapeno. Does anyone know what they are? They are at the upper end of the jalapeno scale for heat.

You my friend have a damn fine batch of cayenne peppers there.. Bring on the heat baby..
                          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                            You my friend have a damn fine batch of cayenne peppers there.. Bring on the heat baby..
                            Huh... I thought cayennes were smaller. Thanks for the info!
                            Good One Heritage Oven
                            Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bwerth42 View Post
                              Huh... I thought cayennes were smaller. Thanks for the info!

I have seen them grow to 6" in length.. I cannot tell how long yours are due to nothing to reference to.

A bit of info too..
                              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                                I have seen them grow to 6" in length.. I cannot tell how long yours are due to nothing to reference to.

A bit of info too..
                                Yeah, I should have referenced something. The longest one pictured on the cutting board is 9" long, not including the stem. And they are hot, but not extremely so, but that is such a subjective thing.
                                Good One Heritage Oven
                                Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X