No announcement yet.

Just a "NORMAL" Compost Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love shit that steams ..... Can't wait to join you boys..... 29 days and counting.....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      I love shit that steams ..... Can't wait to join you boys..... 29 days and counting.....
      You lucky bassards!! I wanna go too!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
        I love the visits to Alex's little slice of heaven up there. Thanks for the compost info.
        Me, too, Keith! Alex, you're such a great gardener!
        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

What the heck....New pile is cruising since tuesday morning(was built saturday)...

Have to top her off soon....shrinking nicely....

Comment

Nice Work Armando!
            sigpic

Comment

He hee....gonna run the leaf sweeper tamorrow...shred & top off...me lil bin.
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

you've got that down to a real science

But I can't be the only one feeling you should be able to use that heat for something.
                Dunno, maybe put a little greenhouse down there and pipe the heat in from the heaps over winter: all year round peppers !

Or use it to dry out herbs, jerky etc.
                gotta be something lol
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  you've got that down to a real science

But I can't be the only one feeling you should be able to use that heat for something.
                  Dunno, maybe put a little greenhouse down there and pipe the heat in from the heaps over winter: all year round peppers !

Or use it to dry out herbs, jerky etc.
                  gotta be something lol
                  Honestly...Been thinking about slow cooking in it....or something....

Comment

3 weeks in on new pile....Average temp out is 30 degree last week with wind chill around 15 degree....

steady as it goes

Topped her off after this picture for third time...I have 92 bags of shredded leaves in her so far

Well...I have some paint drying to watch....

Comment

looks like a hillbilly hot tub.

Comment

Wow! That is awesome Alex. I have chickens so I use their doodie mixed in with my small little compost bin. Nothing as awesome as yours. This is a very inspiring thread. Thanks!

Comment

Man...That is something!...Gonna work on a bigger bin...Louie likes this little one...Oak leaves are piling up to be shredded...
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                            Man...That is something!...Gonna work on a bigger bin...Louie likes this little one...Oak leaves are piling up to be shredded...
                            The 20 foot length by 4 foot high in circle is optimal size pile for a steady cook Mike...The outter edges is about 125-130 degree in this cold and wind...

This pile would look much bigger standing next to it,but my camera doesnt do perspective very well....I should not have to turn and add water for 2-3 months even in these winter conditions....

YOU CAN make compost much faster turning frequently etc...I am in it TO WIN IT over long term etc...I need mucho compost and i dont like to play much with it.........

Comment

Way I see it...very little work & the reward it gives Rocks!...I do appreciate ya educating me on it!
                              Sunset Eagle Aviation

Comment

Dang Alex... that's pretty amazing. You really know yer shit bro... I am impressified!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                                X