No announcement yet.

Heres my peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and when should I pick the cayenne peppers to get most out of the plant?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
      Oh and when should I pick the cayenne peppers to get most out of the plant?
      I retired last week....

Comment

He meant they are most flavorfull when red.

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
          I retired last week....
          You wouldnt quit that easy

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
            He meant they are most flavorfull when red.
            Thanks, so is it a one time harvest?

Comment

DAMN! must be nice having a garden this soon! I cant even plant for at least another 45 days. Wish I had room for a green house.
              BBQ catering
              Competition BBQ team
              "Practical BBQ" Author

Comment

Originally posted by Fourthwind View Post
                DAMN! must be nice having a garden this soon! I cant even plant for at least another 45 days. Wish I had room for a green house.
                I wish it was a garden lol my three little plants is all I have but if I can keep these alive I will do more next year for sure.

Comment

Thanks, so is it a one time harvest?
                  they should be going year round where you are......
                  sigpic
                  it's all good my friend..........

Comment

I only use cayene red,but i dehydrate 90% what i grow for peppers...Cayene will start changing too sorta orange/red and then deep red....I let mine stay red on plant a few weeks or so,but once again i dehydrate...

I would sorta mark one and let it get deep red and maybe try some at various stages once color starts changing from green...

Heck..you might like em green,but play around...you never know when comes too personal preference....

glad that fish emulsion helped...Dont go crazy with it though...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                      I only use cayene red,but i dehydrate 90% what i grow for peppers...Cayene will start changing too sorta orange/red and then deep red....I let mine stay red on plant a few weeks or so,but once again i dehydrate...

I would sorta mark one and let it get deep red and maybe try some at various stages once color starts changing from green...

Heck..you might like em green,but play around...you never know when comes too personal preference....

glad that fish emulsion helped...Dont go crazy with it though...
                      I have never had fresh cayenne, so Im not sure what to expect, but I like franks hot sauce thats made with them. Also it says to feed them the fish emulsion every three weeks, so that is the plan, thanks again.

Comment

I have never had fresh cayenne, so Im not sure what to expect, but I like franks hot sauce thats made with them. Also it says to feed them the fish emulsion every three weeks, so that is the plan, thanks again.
                        I sometimes put them in rice fresh....But the variety i grow is fruity and not killer/overpowering hot when used as powder etc...

If they start looking yellow etc..its ok give them another hit,but hopefully 3 week interval will be all you need...

Comment

As for increasing harvest...keep picking the full grown green ones for a while...They will be as hot as the red ones but not as flavorful...great for a salsa or something...Picking early will encourage the plant to produce more...and more...Then let them ripen...
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                            As for increasing harvest...keep picking the full grown green ones for a while...They will be as hot as the red ones but not as flavorful...great for a salsa or something...Picking early will encourage the plant to produce more...and more...Then let them ripen...
                            Great, will do.

Comment

I picked some of the cayenne peppers that were full grown and the big jalapeno harvest from the plant that got chopped in half, this wasnt even half of the cayennes from the plant.

Comment

looks like you saved em man....remind me of long slim cayenes...make sure you let some get full red too.....

Comment

Working...
                                X