Heres my peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALX View Post
    looks like you saved em man....remind me of long slim cayenes...make sure you let some get full red too.....
    Ya they all lived and i did what smoke freak said to pick them before they turn red on the plant to get more peppers from the plant. Reminds you of cayennes? they are lol you mean they turn red off the plant?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
      Reminds you of cayennes? they are lol
      Think he meant long slim ones cause there are several different kinds of cayennes you can grow and long slim happen to be a particular strain.
      They won't really ripen off the vine much because you need to keep peppers chilled after picking and that stops them from ripening.
      Make sure when you put them in the fridge you DO NOT rinse them until you are getting ready to use them, rinsing and holding for a while makes them go soft much quicker.

Looks god though, I'm still Months away from peppers looking like that
      There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

taste a green one and compare the taste to some red ones........the red ones should be ''fruitier''. looks like yer on yer way to a summer of a good haul.
        sigpic
        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
          Think he meant long slim ones cause there are several different kinds of cayennes you can grow and long slim happen to be a particular strain.
          They won't really ripen off the vine much because you need to keep peppers chilled after picking and that stops them from ripening.
          Make sure when you put them in the fridge you DO NOT rinse them until you are getting ready to use them, rinsing and holding for a while makes them go soft much quicker.

Looks god though, I'm still Months away from peppers looking like that
          Oh, I wasn't aware there are different kinds of cayenne, ok learn something everyday and thanks for the good info

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
            taste a green one and compare the taste to some red ones........the red ones should be ''fruitier''. looks like yer on yer way to a summer of a good haul.
            Im thinking of what to do with these still, hmm jazz up some chili maybe.

Comment

bust out that flat-top and play benihana with some spicy stuff.....
              sigpic
              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Im thinking of what to do with these still, hmm jazz up some chili maybe.
                Me old mum always took my dehydrated and diced then heated in some olive oil before making rice....Chile good idea too...or anything needs some kick...

Many different types....Like anything the best you need grow from seed and find variety you like....I guarantee the Cayene i grow is nothing like store-bought....Like ROB said.... fruity and very complex...Not just heat etc....

These are mine....About foot long and broad....I let them ripen deep red in heat for 2-3 weeks....Plants end up 3-5 foot on average...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                  Me old mum always took my dehydrated and diced then heated in some olive oil before making rice....Chile good idea too...or anything needs some kick...

Many different types....Like anything the best you need grow from seed and find variety you like....I guarantee the Cayene i grow is nothing like store-bought....Like ROB said.... fruity and very complex...Not just heat etc....

These are mine....About foot long and broad....I let them ripen deep red in heat for 2-3 weeks....Plants end up 3-5 foot on average...

Now those are cayenne's!!! Mine are wimpy, but these little guys have some good heat, I am making chili right now and tasted one. I need to break the griddle out soon Rob

Comment

Now those are cayenne's!!! Mine are wimpy, but these little guys have some good heat, I am making chili right now and tasted one. I need to break the griddle out soon Rob
                    Nothing like home grown and yours look excellent.....Keep them plants healthy and you should be enjoying them for awhile....My cayenes are 3 inch tall at moment...they will go in garden early may up here....

Comment

Well it looks like ya pulled it off
                      I actually havent grown cayennes in years...I grow an Aji known as lemon drop instead...Yellow in color...very thin walled so it dries easily...Fruity flavor and plenty of heat...Super productive too...
                      Here's a few I picked one afternoon last summer...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a few more questions? I just picked some more cayenne's and they are turning red while still small now and I ate a bigger red one and it is not the least bit hot, what gives?
                        And has anyone tried pickling the peppers in vinegar? I want to try that with some and does it mellow the heat down?
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          Well it looks like ya pulled it off
                          I actually havent grown cayennes in years...I grow an Aji known as lemon drop instead...Yellow in color...very thin walled so it dries easily...Fruity flavor and plenty of heat...Super productive too...
                          Here's a few I picked one afternoon last summer...
                          Those are beauts man nice!!

Comment

The nasty truth lol damn it doesnt look bright huh lol

Comment

Well now your post is gone Alex He bailed on me I guess lol

Comment

Well now your post is gone Alex He bailed on me I guess lol
                                I was little em....

I can list for you 20 different reasons peppers hot and not.....Everyyear me japs for chipotles are tolerable to start season for an ABT.....I grow them to get deep red and mature and flavor changes a completely to sweet and then the smoke and dehydrating take that to nother level of flavor.

Those look like standard long slim cayene....I would not be suprised if they turn on you as plant gets size and matures...by turning i mean hot......

Climate and conditions what this bout....

Stick with em and plant health to produce the fruit is main thing....KING posted a thread on a mash you could make....

Is what it is my FRIEND.....a potted hybrid cayene....HOPING you are settin sights little higher for future....THIS growing shit is a progression...

Comment

Working...
                                X