• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got no garden this year...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Lots and lots of rain here now. Mators and pepper plants are doing good. Bear wasn't kiddin about the step ladder...wow
      sigpic
      GMG Daniel Boone
      UDS
      Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
      Vision Kamado grill
      Weber Genesis Silver
      Smokin Tex
      MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
      Maverick ET 732
      Brown and lime green ThermaPens
      2 orange ThermoPops
      A-Maze-N Tube 18"
      A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
      Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
        Here plants were almost full grown. Mrs Bear was full grown in this picture too, at 5' 9" tall:

Bear
        Mmmm...Bear...I see a lot of plant and no fruit.........Too much nitrogen maybe?
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Ask me aboot my lil garden after this coming week. It was 112° today & supposed to be well over 110° into next week.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            Mmmm...Bear...I see a lot of plant and no fruit.........Too much nitrogen maybe?

They were still growing---Not much fruit until they stopped growing.
            Once the cherry tomatoes started showing up, we had bets how many would come from that center plant, so every day, Whoever picked them would count them & add it to the list on the fridge. It ended up 3,852 Cherry Tomatoes from that one plant. And we didn't count any that were bad & had to be tossed.
            That was 3,852 that were eaten. from one plant.

Bear
            Last edited by Bearcarver; 06-22-2015, 02:50 PM.
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Once the cherry tomatoes started showing up, we had bets how many would come from that center plant, so every day, however picked them would count them & add it to the list on the fridge. It ended up 3,852 Cherry Tomatoes from that one plant. And we didn't count any that were bad & had to be tossed.

Bear
              You call that a lot?
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Once the cherry tomatoes started showing up, we had bets how many would come from that center plant, so every day, however picked them would count them & add it to the list on the fridge. It ended up 3,852 Cherry Tomatoes from that one plant. And we didn't count any that were bad & had to be tossed.

Bear
                I'm calling Guiness...that has to be a record!
                BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                  You call that a lot?
                  Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                  I'm calling Guiness...that has to be a record!

LOL----Here's the old "Complete Thread", which includes my Step by Step & the complete Tally Sheet:

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21366

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I can truthfully say that almost 4000 tomatoes from one plant is a record that will NEVER be broken.
                    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Since I stopped working in my garden and went to alternative method it has been doing great just about year round..

Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I like Kens "alternative method "
                        Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                          Since I stopped working in my garden and went to alternative method it has been doing great just about year round..

Now that is a good method
                          sigpic
                          GMG Daniel Boone
                          UDS
                          Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                          Vision Kamado grill
                          Weber Genesis Silver
                          Smokin Tex
                          MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                          Maverick ET 732
                          Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                          2 orange ThermoPops
                          A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                          A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                          Vortex

Comment

Not much here , tossed some of last years garlic parts into the ground to try them again. Last year I let most of the tops go to seed and the bulbs ended up small with just a few cloves each. We ate the biggest ones and the rest I just cut the stems about 3' , brushed the dirt off them , and tossed them on a bench in the unheated grudge for the winter.
                            4 tote bins with peppers ( mostly jalops) and 3 mater plants in the other two bins ( Wife didn't find another plant for 2nd bin so it just got one)
                            Trying corn in a bin but doesn't look like enough came up to polinate themselvs
                            Some volunteer mater plants popped up in the ground we planted the extra plants last year , we'll see what they do
                            Phil

Comment

Pulled out some nice cabbages.
                              Good One Heritage Oven
                              Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                                got ten mater plants set-up in the alaska grow bucket system...man me & Louie got a mess of maters on our hands!
                                http://www.alaskagrowbuckets.com/
                                Those look pretty cool ! May look into those some more , got a couple years to thunk 'bout it . Just refilled the tote bins with a new batch of M/G potting mix this year.
                                Phil

Comment

Working...
                                X